Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Banana Republic's new slim fit shirts

  1. #1
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    203
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)

    Banana Republic's new slim fit shirts

    It seems that past half year or so, BR has been pushing out lots of shirts in their new slim fit, which is supposedly a little roomier than their current Grant slim fit. I'm thinking it sits between Grant slim fit and Camden standard fit in terms of measurement, which makes me wonder if they are trying to go back to their previous 3 fit model, compare to their 2 fit model until recently, but I'm not sure how it fits and feels in practice.

    If you have a BR shirt in their new slim fit, how does it compare to their two other fits?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Somewhere in NJ
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    I bought a couple of their new slim fit shirts earlier this week. I typically wear a medium slim fit shirt (jcrew slim fit shirts fit me perfectly for example ). Their Grant slim fit shirt is too tight on me and their Camden is ok but a bit baggy. I buy a lot of stuff from BR but I’ve always had issues with their button shirts. Their new slim fit is great for me. For reference purposes I am 42 in the chest and 32 in the waist.

  3. #3
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    125
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)
    I was just at BR this past weekend. I'm usually a medium and I tried on the both slim fit and Grant slim fit, they were both fine in the sleeves too small in the chest. The large Grant slim fit worked in the chest, sleeves were too long.

    I went home empty handed.

  4. #4
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    203
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smitty View Post
    I bought a couple of their new slim fit shirts earlier this week. I typically wear a medium slim fit shirt (jcrew slim fit shirts fit me perfectly for example ). Their Grant slim fit shirt is too tight on me and their Camden is ok but a bit baggy. I buy a lot of stuff from BR but I’ve always had issues with their button shirts. Their new slim fit is great for me. For reference purposes I am 42 in the chest and 32 in the waist.
    I see. My chest is 40, and Grant slim fit sometimes pulls in the chest ever so slightly. Not enough for people to think I'm one of those guys that try too hard, but still noticeable. So considering your chest is 2 inches wider, their new slim fit still doesn't pucker in the chest?

  5. #5
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    297
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    118 Post(s)
    Any comparison of how these fit vs BR factory? I'm a medium in the BRF "standard" fit shirts. Pretty much a perfect fit for me.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Somewhere in NJ
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mochi123 View Post
    I see. My chest is 40, and Grant slim fit sometimes pulls in the chest ever so slightly. Not enough for people to think I'm one of those guys that try too hard, but still noticeable. So considering your chest is 2 inches wider, their new slim fit still doesn't pucker in the chest?
    I could never fit into the Grant shirts. I looked like 10 pounds of stuff in a 5 pound sack. The Camden shirts were fine in the chest, but perhaps a bit more fabric in the waist that I would like when tucked in. The chest on the slim fit works well for me and there is enough of a taper that it looks good tucked.

  7. #7
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    203
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    I was just at BR this past weekend. I'm usually a medium and I tried on the both slim fit and Grant slim fit, they were both fine in the sleeves too small in the chest. The large Grant slim fit worked in the chest, sleeves were too long.

    I went home empty handed.
    Maybe you can try Camden standard fit in size medium. Sleeve length should be the same, but more room on the chest.

  8. #8
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    125
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mochi123 View Post
    Maybe you can try Camden standard fit in size medium. Sleeve length should be the same, but more room on the chest.
    Thanks I will give it a try.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •