Thread: Thursday Boot Company Scout Chukka boots

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    88 Post(s)

Thursday Boot Company Scout Chukka boots

I just purchased a pair of Scout Chukka boots in olive suede and am debating between sizes. The 10.5 are more comfortable with the tiniest bit of heel lift and the 10 are snugger. I have a pair of AE Dalton's in 10.5 that fit the same way as the size 10 scouts and they broke in nicely.

Anyone with experience with these? Not sure how the suede boots break in versus a leather boot.

TMann
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    I just purchased a pair of Scout Chukka boots in olive suede and am debating between sizes. The 10.5 are more comfortable with the tiniest bit of heel lift and the 10 are snugger. I have a pair of AE Dalton's in 10.5 that fit the same way as the size 10 scouts and they broke in nicely.

Anyone with experience with these? Not sure how the suede boots break in versus a leather boot.
    Hey Ron! Sorry. You'd sent me a private message and I forgot to respond. Oops.

Anyways, I have two pairs of Thursday boots. The suede chukkas SEEM less flexible than the leather "Captains" that I have. Its hard to compare directly since they're different styles of boots. But the suede boots do seem slightly more stiff than the others.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)
    I have several pairs of TBC boots, including a few pairs of their chukkas. The first pair I bought (suede) were a tiny bit loose in the heal, but I lived with it. I wore the heck out of them for about two years and replaced them with another similar color in a half size less. There really wasn't anything wrong with them, but I just wanted a pair that looked newer. Honestly, I am happier with the slightly smaller size. Mine were comfortable right out of the box, so I didn't really notice much break in. If It were me, I would go with the boots that were a bit snugger unless they made my feet hurt.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    88 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMann View Post
    Hey Ron! Sorry. You'd sent me a private message and I forgot to respond. Oops.

Anyways, I have two pairs of Thursday boots. The suede chukkas SEEM less flexible than the leather "Captains" that I have. Its hard to compare directly since they're different styles of boots. But the suede boots do seem slightly more stiff than the others.
    Thanks for the reply here. I figured you were busy.

So was there any break in at all or 6 months later did they fit the same way they did out of the box?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    88 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smitty View Post
    I have several pairs of TBC boots, including a few pairs of their chukkas. The first pair I bought (suede) were a tiny bit loose in the heal, but I lived with it. I wore the heck out of them for about two years and replaced them with another similar color in a half size less. There really wasn't anything wrong with them, but I just wanted a pair that looked newer. Honestly, I am happier with the slightly smaller size. Mine were comfortable right out of the box, so I didn't really notice much break in. If It were me, I would go with the boots that were a bit snugger unless they made my feet hurt.
    Thanks. I'm having the same thought. They both are wearable. And the smaller size isn't uncomfortable per say just a snugger fit.

I'm going to try them on again tonight after dancing and see how they both fit at the time of the day when my feet are at their largest

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    73 Post(s)
    Half size down was perfect for me. The 2 eyelet style of lacing is always going to feel a little bit loose compared to other kinds of shoes, I think.
    I can't find the stationary. -- James Bond

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    88 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Martigan View Post
    Half size down was perfect for me. The 2 eyelet style of lacing is always going to feel a little bit loose compared to other kinds of shoes, I think.
    Yep. That is what I went with.

Thanks all for the help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    I think it depends on the socks you wear. I went a half size down and the boots are a bit looser in the heel than I would like. Not sure if going a full size down would be "too snug," but, if I wear thicker socks, they fit perfectly.