Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 48

Thread: Which cheapo dive watch?

  1. #21
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    559
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    198 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SwiftToole View Post
    Thought about the Invicta--really like the look of it--but I think it will wear a little small on my wrist.
    How big are your wrists and what kind of wrist presence do you want? The Invicta case size is pretty classic. I have one that was modded by @idvsego and while I have smallish wrists, I find the size to be super versatile and I beat the hell out of it as well. (It's also easily moddable if you tire of the styling).
    Donít call what your wearing an outfit. Donít ever say your car is broke.
    Donít sing with a fake British accent. Donít act like your familyís a joke.
    --Jason Isbell

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    89
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BillN View Post
    How big are your wrists and what kind of wrist presence do you want? The Invicta case size is pretty classic. I have one that was modded by @idvsego and while I have smallish wrists, I find the size to be super versatile and I beat the hell out of it as well. (It's also easily moddable if you tire of the styling).
    7 and 3/4 inches. Right now, the largest watch I own is 42 mm, so I figure I could add a larger watch.

  3. #23
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    397
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    170 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SwiftToole View Post
    7 and 3/4 inches. Right now, the largest watch I own is 42 mm, so I figure I could add a larger watch.
    Hell, go with a 44mm with a big wrist like that.

  4. #24
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    New here, from the UK, but know the shipping is good to almost anywhere these days so how about a Vostok Amphibia from Meranom.com (other retailers are available)? Handsome watches in an array of designs and cases that are versatile in terms of strap/bracelet choices and also a genuine automatic dive watch with pedigree and heritage. Love my Steve Zissou, wear it anywhere I'm likely to be active or near water, dresses up and down well. Will add some pictures later.

    https://meranom.com/en/amphibian-cla...ic-420526.html

  5. #25
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,394
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1017 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stevat View Post
    New here, from the UK, but know the shipping is good to almost anywhere these days so how about a Vostok Amphibia from Meranom.com (other retailers are available)? Handsome watches in an array of designs and cases that are versatile in terms of strap/bracelet choices and also a genuine automatic dive watch with pedigree and heritage. Love my Steve Zissou, wear it anywhere I'm likely to be active or near water, dresses up and down well. Will add some pictures later.

    https://meranom.com/en/amphibian-cla...ic-420526.html
    How long have you had it?

  6. #26
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idvsego View Post
    How long have you had it?
    Just over two years. Runs about 6 or 7 seconds a day fast, which is very good for a certified Swiss let alone anything else. Only criticism would be the initial bracelet likes to eat wrist hair, but there's loads of better replacements and natos out there for not much. Been in the sea, pools, all sorts and never had an issue. Screw down crown and a dynamic gasket that actually seals tighter with pressure do the trick. Only acrylic glass, but there are a bunch of mods available, including sapphire if that's important to you.

    https://divewatchesblog.com/wp-conte...6/IMG_4969.jpg

  7. #27
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

  8. #28
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,394
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1017 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stevat View Post
    Just over two years. Runs about 6 or 7 seconds a day fast, which is very good for a certified Swiss let alone anything else. Only criticism would be the initial bracelet likes to eat wrist hair, but there's loads of better replacements and natos out there for not much. Been in the sea, pools, all sorts and never had an issue. Screw down crown and a dynamic gasket that actually seals tighter with pressure do the trick. Only acrylic glass, but there are a bunch of mods available, including sapphire if that's important to you.

    https://divewatchesblog.com/wp-conte...6/IMG_4969.jpg
    Just curious. I have owned about 10 vostok in total. My first few were solid. My last few were not. Died real fast. Lost time or would randomly stop working. 2 had the same issue with the rotor binding up due to a tiny gear. They are neat and plenty of people have had good luck with them. Plenty havent. I think its worth a shot to see. I may end up with another one at some point. The tech behind their waterproofing is neat.

  9. #29
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idvsego View Post
    Just curious. I have owned about 10 vostok in total. My first few were solid. My last few were not. Died real fast. Lost time or would randomly stop working. 2 had the same issue with the rotor binding up due to a tiny gear. They are neat and plenty of people have had good luck with them. Plenty havent. I think its worth a shot to see. I may end up with another one at some point. The tech behind their waterproofing is neat.
    Yeah, I've heard of issues with their rotor, but I've not experienced that first hand. The wobbly crown when winding worried me at first, but apparently that's a foible of theirs. Have to be one of the best value for money dive watches going.
    Also got a lovely Luch hand winder dress watch from Chronopolis here in the UK, fantastic value also. For good value dive watches Precista or Smiths at Timefactors are worth a look. Watch gecko in London as well.

  10. #30
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,394
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1017 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stevat View Post
    Yeah, I've heard of issues with their rotor, but I've not experienced that first hand. The wobbly crown when winding worried me at first, but apparently that's a foible of theirs. Have to be one of the best value for money dive watches going.
    Also got a lovely Luch hand winder dress watch from Chronopolis here in the UK, fantastic value also. For good value dive watches Precista or Smiths at Timefactors are worth a look. Watch gecko in London as well.
    Yeah, the wobbly crown is part of the design. Or construction I should say. Part of the oddball character the watches have.

    Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •