View Poll Results: Have YOU had any issues with "firsts quality" Allen Edmonds shoes or boots?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 46.15%
  • No

14 53.85%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Have YOU had any issues with Allen Edmonds shoes or boots?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    185 Post(s)
    Nordstrom Rack.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quoted
    521 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Evenflow View Post
    Nordstrom Rack.
    Yes, thank you. I did pick up a pair there last year. But there isn't much left; especially in my size.
    Intentionally overdressed for almost every occasion.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    436 Post(s)
    I bought a pair of Achesons from the shoebank. Upon the suggestions of SAs at both the AE brick and mortar, and the shoebank outlet "near" me (the only one in my state, and a not-unreasonable distance away) I got them sized down one half in length. They arrived and looked great, but some stitching issues paired with the fact they were simply too short had me exchanging them for my brannock.

Sadly, when those arrived, they didn't come anywhere CLOSE to fitting (9B to 9.5B was about the same as a 9.5B to a 10.5EEE it felt like), and they had the brick red dainite sole for some reason (though they were advertised as leather sole). It was heel slip city, so I just cut my losses and returned them for a refund.

This was pre-Caleres; I haven't actually purchased anything from them since the sale, and from what I've been seeing in the AE thread on Styleforum, I won't be....unless they bring back the Cronmok. I might be convinced then.

They even stopped making shell Strands in 9.5B....though for some BS reason 9.5A and 9.5C are no problem......idjits.

Oh and let's not forget that they're working on closing down Port Washington entirely and moving everything to Tennessee where Caleres already has warehousing.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quoted
    521 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armedferret View Post

Oh and let's not forget that they're working on closing down Port Washington entirely and moving everything to Tennessee where Caleres already has warehousing.
    Really? Well, the morale problem caused by this could, by itself, cause workers to be more careless.

Also, wasn't it you that got some horrible chukka boots through Mass Drop? Or am I mis-remembering?
    Intentionally overdressed for almost every occasion.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    436 Post(s)
    Yep that was me. I suppose those were definitely post-caleres, so I stand corrected on my previous statement. I guess I'd blocked that out from memory for a reason lol

Paul G's AE would have had me return them for correction or exchange; new AE said "you didn't buy them from us, so we aren't responsible." And of course Massdrop (lose the M and you have my opinion on those...individuals) was *SUPER* helpful, offering to let me send them back and receive a 15% refund.

Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1402 Post(s)
    Well I just ordered a pair of second's from the Shoebank so I'll see what their quality is like. The salesman on the phone was nice enough though. Fingers crossed everything turns out alright.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Some of their inventory is already there. The Daltons that I ordered through the Port Washington store were shipped from Tennessee.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    436 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Some of their inventory is already there. The Daltons that I ordered through the Port Washington store were shipped from Tennessee.

Inventory yes. They stopped renting warehousing in PW and now once things are made it goes to their Caleres-owned warehousing in TN to then ship out when purchased.

They're moving the entire operation eventually--or at least what little they end up not sending offshore like they have with all their other "American" *BRANDS* that used to be actual American *COMPANIES*.

Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2061 Post(s)
    They're moving the entire operation eventually--or at least what little they end up not sending offshore like they have with all their other "American" *BRANDS* that used to be actual American *COMPANIES*.
    Is this your assumption or do you actually have a source for this?
    Ben

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    436 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Is this your assumption or do you actually have a source for this?
    A former employee shared the info in the thread on SF.