Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AE Dalton Sizing Question

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    I'm usually a 10D in dress shoes, with thin socks, and a 10.5D in boots where I'll be wearing thicker wool socks. The Dalton sticks to that pattern. Wearing thicker socks, the 10D boots were too tight all around, especially in the heel. Sizing up to a 10.5D was perfect. I've had my Daltons close to a year and would select the same size again if I were to replace them.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    119 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    Yea..heel slippage seems to be an issue with AE for quite a few people.
    How does one get heel slippage with a lace up boot like a Dalton? Crank it down tight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hebrew Barrister View Post
    How does one get heel slippage with a lace up boot like a Dalton? Crank it down tight.
    Simple, your leg gets larger in diameter as it moves up from your ankle. So unless you crank it down so tight it's digging into your leg, your heel and lower leg can naturally slide upward if the heel doesn't fit snug. And frankly, I don't want to wear boots that require me to cut off the circulation to my foot. I have three other boots and none of them have this issue, so I'd argue it's a fault of the boot. (Or my foot/leg and the Dalton simply don't interface well.)