Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bonobos 50% off of Final Sale w/ code metaldetector

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Bonobos 50% off of Final Sale w/ code metaldetector

Everything is final sale so no returns, but if you know your fit with Bonobos stuff there are some good finds. Summer stuff is particularly cheap, Yarn spun T's for $9, LA Polo $14, etc. I picked up a nice wool blazer the last time they had a 50% off deal, looks like there are a bunch for under $200. Sounds like the sale should be up for a few days. Here are some picks:

$14 Chino Shorts https://bonobos.com/products/washed-...short-waist=30
    $14 LA Polo https://bonobos.com/products/la-polo...shirt-fit=slim
    $29 Stretch Washed Chino Pants https://bonobos.com/products/stretch...pant-length=30
    $34 Washable Merino V-Neck Sweaters https://bonobos.com/products/easy-ca...shirt-fit=slim
    $184 Jetsetter Stretch Italian Wool Blazer https://bonobos.com/products/jetsett...lazer-size=38s

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quoted
    480 Post(s)
    Picked up the unstructured italian wool (VBC) blazer in burgundy and some washed chinos in stone cutters. Should make for a nice spring/summer/early fall piece of kit.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    112 Post(s)
    Can anyone comment on their pant fits? I would like to try the travel jeans and Italian 5-pocket pants, but I haven't tried them on and don't want to get stuck.

I'm pretty sure that my waist is around 33.5 right now. J Crew 32 Slim fits me perfectly off the rack.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
    Can anyone comment on their pant fits? I would like to try the travel jeans and Italian 5-pocket pants, but I haven't tried them on and don't want to get stuck.

I'm pretty sure that my waist is around 33.5 right now. J Crew 32 Slim fits me perfectly off the rack.
    I'd venture to say that this isn't the sale for you then; they have free shipping/returns for non-final sale items and they run deep discounts on their sales items each season so you can figure out what you need with returnable stuff, then capitalize on a later super sale.

For what it's worth, I've generally found there's a slight difference in fits across types of pants. Generally washed chinos, stretch chinos, weekday warriors, denim, and golf pants mostly are similar (at least for athletic fit which I get). Travel jeans are different, from my experience, and I haven't tried Ital 5-pockets. Unfortunately, I don't have experience with JCrew pants in the past 7-8 years after moving over to Bonobos--can't go back.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    112 Post(s)
    That is sound advice, thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

If you have a bonobos guideshop near you, its definitely worth going in and trying things on to see what styles and sizes you like.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    112 Post(s)
    Thanks, but its 50 below wind chill and think I’ll take this opportunity to pass. I did snag a couple of gym shirts for $10 each.

I’ll definitely visit the guide shop. Sounds like they should be used to people trying on and not buying given the business model.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks, but its 50 below wind chill and think I’ll take this opportunity to pass. I did snag a couple of gym shirts for $10 each.

I’ll definitely visit the guide shop. Sounds like they should be used to people trying on and not buying given the business model.
    Not sure if they are paid on commission, but I would think not buying would be pretty common. When I did it, I did buy a couple of things, but didn't go crazy that's for sure.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_MI View Post
    Not sure if they are paid on commission, but I would think not buying would be pretty common. When I did it, I did buy a couple of things, but didn't go crazy that's for sure.
    Fairly certain they aren't on commission and have been totally cool with me coming in to get my sizes right before ordering online (particularly bc they didn't have all styles/colors/sizes in store). At least the NYC guideshop I go to is cool with it (5th Ave).

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    148 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hornsup84 View Post
    Fairly certain they aren't on commission and have been totally cool with me coming in to get my sizes right before ordering online (particularly bc they didn't have all styles/colors/sizes in store). At least the NYC guideshop I go to is cool with it (5th Ave).
    The "guides" are not commissioned AFAIK, but the stores are graded and bonused/rewarded according to their gross sales. One of the old managers at the Dallas shop used to send emails asking folks to email him before placing an order, i.e. let the shop place your order for you without having to come into the store. I would have been annoyed but they did a good job at giving incentive to do so.