Thread: Room air filtration

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quoted
    482 Post(s)

Room air filtration

I am debating getting a room air filter. We are having a lot of construction going on at our house and there is dust everywhere. We will have a new baby in the coming weeks and I'd want to ensure the room is free of all that dust etc.

When searching for filters it seems they vary greatly in price, usually have all sorts of different filters which can make it difficult to compare models etc.

Does anyone else have a room air filtration device? Do you like it? Recommend? Worth it?

Any and all advice on the matter appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    We have a Honeywell for 3 years now and it still works great.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1066 Post(s)
    We were in this same spot. Young kiddo, one on the way, and a remodel going on on the same floor. My wife and her sister research things to no end and decided this Honeywell fit the bill. We would close the door to the nursery and put a towel in front just in case any dust came through the bottom. Our house is over 50 years old so asbestos was a concern but had that checked and there were no issues.

Let me know if you have any more questions. I know when the construction was going on we needed filters maybe monthly and if I recall there are 3. It can get pricey but it collects a lot of stuff from the air.

https://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-HPA...%2C201&sr=8-16

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    91 Post(s)
    Using plastic sheets to contain dust in the work area is KEY. In my experience this makes the biggest difference. Also, try to get whoever is doing the work to get an air filter running near the work location while they are working. That will help keep the dust local to the job.