Thread: Massimo Matteo experience

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

Massimo Matteo experience

After revisiting one of the "Best of 2018" posts I decided to order a pair of Massimo Matteo wingtips from Zappos. I really like the way the shoes look and feel, and the price is hard to beat (especially with free overnight shipping).

However, I've had some sizing issues with these shoes. I wear a 10.5 in both my Cole Haan and BR leather dress shoes yet I am now on my FOURTH exchange with zappos and will now be receiving a size 9 in the Massimo Matteo tomorrow (after originally ordering a 10.5). The upside is that their customer service has been great, but having to order 4 different sizes over a span of 2 weeks has been frustrating.

Has anyone else experienced this problem with the Massimo Matteo brand? Having to go a whole 1 1/2 sizes down from all my other shoes seems a bit extreme.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I'm also a 10.5 and ordered a pair of MMs about 2 years ago. No problems with sizing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    I ordered a pair of Massimo Cap Toe 17 Classic Mauros about a year ago. I wear a 10.5 in Allen Edmonds and most others, but after reading up on Massimo I ordered a 10. It was too big and ended up sending it back. So yes, they seem to have a sizing issue now. Sounds like they didn't before.

If you're willing to wait for shoes, my Massdrop Nico Nerini wingtips have been great for the price. They run $35 more than the Massimos, but they're Goodyear welted.
    Last edited by cwk; January 23rd, 2019 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Fix typo