Thread: Upgraded Rugged

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Upgraded Rugged

Recently there was a post that was titled Upgraded Rugged. I really like this idea (except for the color of the boots suggested). Any expansions on this, or lookbooks I can look at in this realm? I work in the office for an electrical contractor (estimator/PM) and the dress isn't exactly casual, isn't exactly business casual. Lots of henleys, denim, and 875s for me.
    Last edited by daveyboywynn; January 18th, 2019 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Clarity

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    Look into Wolverine 1000 Mile boots if you don't like the suggested boots. Pop your head into the "what shoes are you wearing today" thread at the top of the forum, I am wearing a pair today.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Alden's longwings and Indy boots are my favorite footwear for rugged looks. Proper Cloth has some superb washed plaids for shirting and their new line of Japanese chamois and cotton jacquard Southwest prints look ideal for rugged overshirts at a relative bargain price.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quoted
    379 Post(s)
    We can start a dappered look book for this!

Seriously though it’s basically what I wear daily. Fall- early spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    210 Post(s)
    Boots, dark wash jeans, tshirt or henley, some form of shirt jacket, overshirt, work shirt, or flannel. On the higher end, Orvis has tons. On the cheaper end, JCrew Wallace and Barnes fits the bill.

Good examples of how to do this can be seen on either the Orvis site for those products, or on JCrew for the Wallace and Barnes stuff.

Obviously, the key is good fit. Get the fit wrong, its baggy, loose, and sloppy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The Indys are awesome. The Longwings are a bit much for it, quite honestly. It's a weird mash-up man. Sometimes I have to look pro, sometimes I'm holed up in my office looking at prints for a couple weeks on-end.