Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upgraded Rugged main page post

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1050 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeysc23 View Post
    I shouldíve clarified. Especially in this instance suede boots are a fashion choice that doesnít match the functionality of a boot most times. I donít always get that. A personal issue. I realize my shoe thoughts are different than most here and there are probably a lot of other good times to wear them. If Iím wearing boots for protection etc usually itís merrells or my function and not stylish boots.
    I agree on suede actually. I don't own any suede boots. For me, the combo doesn't work.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I donít get the boots when majority of us donít need the support or functionality or boots. But I really donít have a shoe passion so maybe just behind the times here. Other than that I think the look (not the cost of some items) is a good look.
    I'm not sure where you live, but here in New England boots provide welcome protection for ankles on winter mornings, even if they are not insulated. Besides, they are kind of the centerpiece of a "rugged" look, in the sense that they evoke the outdoors and people who make their living in it.

Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1358 Post(s)
    I like the look of those boots. The only pair of suede shoes that I have are a pair of suede chukkas and they get babied. Never seen a drop of rain, only worn in the summer when the wearing is good. Perhaps I need to be more adventurous and trusting when it comes to suede. I just think with the weather I get here in the Great White North, the boots wouldn't last too long.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    277 Post(s)
    I should’ve clarified. Especially in this instance suede boots are a fashion choice that doesn’t match the functionality of a boot most times. I don’t always get that. A personal issue. I realize my shoe thoughts are different than most here and there are probably a lot of other good times to wear them. If I’m wearing boots for protection etc usually it’s merrells or my function and not stylish boots.
    Why is suede a fashion choice? It can handle abuse just fine. For example:

https://www.redwingstockholm.com/dok...outLeather.jpg

Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2026 Post(s)
    I’m not sure why people think suede needs to be babied. I wear suede all the time and IMO it actually holds up better to regular use/abuse than leather... leather gets scratched, water-stained, etc, suede looks fine and dries quickly.
    Ben

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quoted
    379 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Iím not sure why people think suede needs to be babied. I wear suede all the time and IMO it actually holds up better to regular use/abuse than leather... leather gets scratched, water-stained, etc, suede looks fine and dries quickly.
    I agree. AE surrey Chelsea boots are very water resistant and stain resistant for that matter. I have chips in a green suede and with a good water proofer they are excellent. I have about 6 to 8 pairs of boots off the top of my head and they all serve a purpose. Iím in New England and honestly wear boots 6/7 days a week in the fall - early spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1050 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Iím not sure why people think suede needs to be babied. I wear suede all the time and IMO it actually holds up better to regular use/abuse than leather... leather gets scratched, water-stained, etc, suede looks fine and dries quickly.
    I just don't like the way suede wears in. Personal preference.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Agreed, I also really enjoyed this post. Since I rarely need to look professional these days, I have been going down the direction of a more rugged look. Plus it works well now that I finally bit the bullet and shaved my head and am growing my beard out.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    60 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by facelessghost View Post
    Why is suede a fashion choice? It can handle abuse just fine. For example:

https://www.redwingstockholm.com/dok...outLeather.jpg
    Those red wing iron rangers look amazing broken in. Wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk