Page 68 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Thread: What shoes are you wearing today?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)
    Crown Northampton desert boots in natural Horween Chromexcel. I love the look and they feel fantastic. The topper is that the leather smells wonderful.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smitty View Post
    Crown Northampton desert boots in natural Horween Chromexcel. I love the look and they feel fantastic. The topper is that the leather smells wonderful.

Those look great. Much sleeker than most desert boots.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hebrew Barrister View Post
    Those look great. Much sleeker than most desert boots.
    The best part is that the quality is far superior to anything that Clark’s makes. The sole is much more substantial feeling and the leather is top notch. I love natural horween chromexcel because it gets better looking as it ages.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1455 Post(s)

I really like the look of these shoes. Are they an online only retailer? Or can you find Crown Northampton shoes locally? I ask because I'm wondering if I can find them here in Canada. The US dollar is KILLING us these days...

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    I really like the look of these shoes. Are they an online only retailer? Or can you find Crown Northampton shoes locally? I ask because I'm wondering if I can find them here in Canada. The US dollar is KILLING us these days...
    They are online only. In fact they keep no stock. Every pair of shoes is made individually at the time it’s ordered. Everything I’ve bought from them has been fantastic.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)
    They are online only. In fact they keep no stock. Every pair of shoes is made individually at the time it’s ordered. Everything I’ve bought from them has been fantastic.
    Oh man, that kind of service could become addicting. I imagine I do not want to know what they charge.

They look awesome BTW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    251 Post(s)
    The best part is that the quality is far superior to anything that Clark’s makes. The sole is much more substantial feeling and the leather is top notch. I love natural horween chromexcel because it gets better looking as it ages.
    Clarks are overpriced currently. When you could get a desert boot from them for $50-70, it was well worth it. Now that they seem to run over $100, that's just silly.

Chromexcel is a great choice for casual boots, because you can pretty much not worry about applying products to it.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hebrew Barrister View Post
    Clarks are overpriced currently. When you could get a desert boot from them for $50-70, it was well worth it. Now that they seem to run over $100, that's just silly.

Chromexcel is a great choice for casual boots, because you can pretty much not worry about applying products to it.
    I have a pair of TBC boots in natural chromexcel. They keep getting better looking all the time. I love the fact that most scuffs/nicks simply buff out.

I'm not crazy about Clarks. The only pair I own is the 90th anniversary Mickey Mouse edition. Over priced for sure, but being a Disney fan I couldn't resist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Bought a pair of Nordstrom Vincent Plain Toe Derby shoes that were reduced down to $62.47. They came in yesterday, so of course I’m wearing them today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)
    I've been considering getting a pair of Cordovan loafers. How do you like the Patriot Shell? Is there a reason you chose this over the Randolphs or a pair from Alden.