Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2868767778

Thread: What shoes are you wearing today?

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    490 Post(s)
    My first pair of sneakers I’ve purchased in probably 30 or 40 years, other than running shoes. I’m kinda digging them. AE Porter. On clearance for only $67

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mebejoseph; August 7th, 2019 at 02:40 PM.
    Intentionally overdressed for almost every occasion.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1028 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebejoseph View Post
    My first pair of sneakers I’ve purchased in probably 30 or 40 years, other than running shoes. I’m kinda digging them. AE Porter. On clearance for only $67

At a certain price Porter's seem decent but I can't find a colorway I like.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    I bought the all white version. All white sneakers are one of my greatest weaknesses. I also bought a pair in a navy weave pattern. I don't think they make that one anymore.

I had to laugh at the 30 or 40 years comment. For me it would be more like 30 or 40 days. I love sneakers, especially minimalist sneakers.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    490 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    I like this color, but I might change the laces to brown or red. For $67, I'm not complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by smitty View Post
    I bought the all white version. All white sneakers are one of my greatest weaknesses. I also bought a pair in a navy weave pattern. I don't think they make that one anymore.

I had to laugh at the 30 or 40 years comment. For me it would be more like 30 or 40 days. I love sneakers, especially minimalist sneakers.
    That's how often I seem to buy dress shoes. In any event, since I started working at home, I don't seem to be able to wear any of my shoes as often as I would like.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quoted
    241 Post(s)

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    Looking for suggestions for every-day wear sneakers to wear with dark indigo jeans. Bright white feels too high contrast to me, so I was considering gray / off-white / similar lower contrast colors.

Any suggestions? I prefer more simple/minimalist sneakers rather than athletic looking ones since I'd wear these around work and be a bit dressier.

Was considering killshots, but those are mostly white as well. I've had puma suedes in gray before but they were a bit bland. Any other suggestions?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zerostyle View Post
    Looking for suggestions for every-day wear sneakers to wear with dark indigo jeans. Bright white feels too high contrast to me, so I was considering gray / off-white / similar lower contrast colors.

Any suggestions? I prefer more simple/minimalist sneakers rather than athletic looking ones since I'd wear these around work and be a bit dressier.

Was considering killshots, but those are mostly white as well. I've had puma suedes in gray before but they were a bit bland. Any other suggestions?
    I love all white sneakers, but I can understand being concerned about the contrast with dark indigo. Here are a few that I have that seem to work well.

https://olivercabell.com/collections/sneakers-mens
    I have the navy suede and camel suede from Oliver Cabell and they are both very versatile. Oliver Cabell has a very minimal profile which I love. I also have the black low and that might work too.

I have a couple of pairs of Greats. They are slightly chuckier, but are really comfortable.

https://crownnorthampton.com/collect...dmade-sneakers
    My personal favorite brand. Each pair is individually made upon order and they are the most comfortable sneakers I've worn. Well worth the price. The sand suede gum sole would be terrific with dark jeans as would the brown leather gum sole.

I also just picked up a tan suede gum sole sneaker from m.gemi on sale for $125. It's a really wonderful sneaker and a great price for such a high quality shoe.

There are a ton of other companies out there in the minimalist sneaker market. Just passing along my experience with the ones I've purchased. Hope this gives you something to think about.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smitty View Post
    I love all white sneakers, but I can understand being concerned about the contrast with dark indigo. Here are a few that I have that seem to work well.

https://olivercabell.com/collections/sneakers-mens
    I have the navy suede and camel suede from Oliver Cabell and they are both very versatile. Oliver Cabell has a very minimal profile which I love. I also have the black low and that might work too.

I have a couple of pairs of Greats. They are slightly chuckier, but are really comfortable.

https://crownnorthampton.com/collect...dmade-sneakers
    My personal favorite brand. Each pair is individually made upon order and they are the most comfortable sneakers I've worn. Well worth the price. The sand suede gum sole would be terrific with dark jeans as would the brown leather gum sole.

I also just picked up a tan suede gum sole sneaker from m.gemi on sale for $125. It's a really wonderful sneaker and a great price for such a high quality shoe.

There are a ton of other companies out there in the minimalist sneaker market. Just passing along my experience with the ones I've purchased. Hope this gives you something to think about.
    Guess I need to specify a budget. < $100, ideally < $80. $180-$250 for sneakers is silly to me.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    490 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zerostyle View Post
    Guess I need to specify a budget. < $100, ideally < $80. $180-$250 for sneakers is silly to me.
    Allen Edmonds has these on sale for $67 right now, if they have your size left. I got some last week and quite like them:

https://www.allenedmonds.com/shoes/s...porter&start=1

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Quoted
    259 Post(s)
    Pair of AE Kenilworths that are in desperate need of a polish