Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 756

Thread: What shoes are you wearing today?

  1. #21
    Varsity Member Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    1,535
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quoted
    490 Post(s)
    Wearing my old faithful workhorse Johnson & Murphy split-toes. These were one of the first “good” pair of shoes I bought years ago and they have served me well. One of the shoes I have considered having resoled, if nothing else but for nostalgic reasons.


  2. #22
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    265
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebejoseph View Post
    I found a generic photo of those shoes. Very smart.



    I always need to use the "insert image" button at the top of the text box. Oddly, it doesn't work for me if I just use the tags.
    Thank you sir!

    I finally got the image to post somewhat, albeit with a little extra code displayed.

  3. #23
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    2,690
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1017 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deke View Post
    Very nice! I have not been a Chelsea fan for the longest time, but they've definitely started to grow on me recently. Then lately I've been getting targeted Instagram adds from Huckberry involving the Bitflex chelseas in Nubuck...let's just say I might be crossing the chelsea boot threshold at some point in the future.
    I have had some Chelsea's for quite a few years but they are dressier. I will say when I saw these Bitflex I looked them up for a more casual Chelsea. I want a nicer shoe I can quickly slip on and for some reason a boot appeals to me more than loafers do. I have been looking at some Lof & Tung ones in pebble grain but the estimated delivery is like September on them...that is so far away!

  4. #24
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    265
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)
    I have to say I am enjoying seeing the socks as well as the shoes.

  5. #25
    Super Moderator hornsup84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,672
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    I have to say I am enjoying seeing the socks as well as the shoes.
    Even if you subscribe to sockless looks from time to time, unless you live in southern hemisphere, I'd say you're just being obtuse if you're going sockless right now.

  6. #26
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    265
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hornsup84 View Post
    Even if you subscribe to sockless looks from time to time, unless you live in southern hemisphere, I'd say you're just being obtuse if you're going sockless right now.
    Either that or you have insulated ankles.

  7. #27
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    758
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quoted
    241 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hornsup84 View Post
    Even if you subscribe to sockless looks from time to time, unless you live in southern hemisphere, I'd say you're just being obtuse if you're going sockless right now.
    Texas is pretty close the the Southern Hemisphere. It might be in the mid 80’s in a couple of weeks. Nonetheless, I tend to wait until the mid 90’s before going sockless. You may see the look now that this has become a sticky.

  8. #28
    Super Moderator hornsup84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,672
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loafer28 View Post
    Texas is pretty close the the Southern Hemisphere. It might be in the mid 80’s in a couple of weeks. Nonetheless, I tend to wait until the mid 90’s before going sockless. You may see the look now that this has become a sticky.
    I mean, not really that close, not even in the tropics. I'm just saying, if you're wearing no socks in January in the continental US, you're doing it for the look moreso than any comfort level with it from temp. And it should all be relative if you subscribe to sockless looks, IMO. It should be done when it's fairly warm out (relative to your location's overall temps).

  9. #29
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    758
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quoted
    241 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hornsup84 View Post
    I mean, not really that close, not even in the tropics. I'm just saying, if you're wearing no socks in January in the continental US, you're doing it for the look moreso than any comfort level with it from temp. And it should all be relative if you subscribe to sockless looks, IMO. It should be done when it's fairly warm out (relative to your location's overall temps).
    Joking, joking. But also not. I won’t hesitate to go sockless when it’s 90 in late February.

  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Somewhere in NJ
    Posts
    80
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)
    My Oliver Cabell camel suede sneakers


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •