Thread: Spring Cleaning

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)

Question Spring Cleaning

Given that most of us are now stuck inside for the time being, how many of you have started on your Spring cleaning?

Planning on reducing your wardrobe? What are you going to get rid of? Will you be purchasing any upgrades to replace any items?

For myself, I'm planning on giving away clothes that I simply don't wear.. Or making a few masks out of them.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Quoted
    552 Post(s)
    I did a major update after watching that Marie Kondo show on Netflix about a year or so ago. I don't have much spring cleaning for clothing but usually downsizing shirts. My philosophy after that show was 1 in and 1 out on most clothing items unless something that has multiple purposes and value. Somehow I seem to always collect more t-shirts than anything else, so that is usually the only thing that could use additional downsizing in spring time. But with working from home I'm in a t-shirt everyday ... so I guess that is on pause.

I've put all dappered related items on pause. Not intentionally but there just doesn't seem a point to me for adding new collared shirts, ties, suits, etc. when it could be easily another month+until back in the office.

The only items I've considered lately are some type of modified sweat pants. I have nice fleece ones but it's getting warmer. I wear jeans most days but figured if anything it might be nice to get something in between jeans and full on sweats.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeysc23 View Post

I've put all dappered related items on pause. Not intentionally but there just doesn't seem a point to me for adding new collared shirts, ties, suits, etc. when it could be easily another month+until back in the office.
    I completely understand where you're coming from. I've wanted to buy a navy blue blazer lately, but since the tailors within my area are not open- it's a hard sell for me. Hopefully things get back to normal sooner than later.