Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buzz Cuts

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)

Buzz Cuts

Sooo...I'm curious. How many of you are getting to the point where you're about to have to start cutting your own hair? I've never done it before, and I haven't had a buzz cut since I was in the second grade, but it's looking like now might be the time to try it out. I'm sure I'll botch it the first couple times, but nobody's going to see it anyway.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    121 Post(s)
    yeah i had my wife break out the clippers. She has cut the kids hair for years so i said why not. I asked her to do 1-3 fade on the sides and a 7 or 8 up top. She gets the fade looking acceptable, grabs the 8 - too long. I ask her to try the 6. She gets two buzzes in and realizes she has a freaking TWO!!!!!!!!

*sigh* so im now buzzed

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neminat View Post
    yeah i had my wife break out the clippers. She has cut the kids hair for years so i said why not. I asked her to do 1-3 fade on the sides and a 7 or 8 up top. She gets the fade looking acceptable, grabs the 8 - too long. I ask her to try the 6. She gets two buzzes in and realizes she has a freaking TWO!!!!!!!!

*sigh* so im now buzzed
    Ha! You could always go for the "skullet" look. I fully expect this to happen to me too.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Quoted
    552 Post(s)
    I'm getting close. Right now my hair is the longest it's ever been and I am not a fan of long hair on the sides.

Another week or two and I'll be asking my wife to do mine. Prob 3 on the sides and 4-5 on top. I haven't buzzed my hair in probably 15 or so years. Used to do it all the time as a kid. I am surely going to be surprised at where my hairline is haha

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    678 Post(s)
    My wife has already offered to cut my hair. It's not bad yet. But I've been thinking of just cutting it all off. Like somebody above said, nobody's going to see it.

And I remember when I was in high school all those years ago, the guys on the football team all shaved their heads at the beginning of the season. When their hair grew back, it looked really good--all fresh and new.

Of course, they were all young back then. I don't know what happens when you're old like I am.
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    311 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeysc23 View Post
    I'm getting close. Right now my hair is the longest it's ever been and I am not a fan of long hair on the sides.

Another week or two and I'll be asking my wife to do mine. Prob 3 on the sides and 4-5 on top. I haven't buzzed my hair in probably 15 or so years. Used to do it all the time as a kid. I am surely going to be surprised at where my hairline is haha
    Another week or two and those of us outside New York are going to say screw it and go get our hair cut.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Quoted
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by facelessghost View Post
    Another week or two and those of us outside New York are going to say screw it and go get our hair cut.
    Well hair cutting places are closed in VA, so there isn't an option ... nor would I want to take that risk. I'd rather look bad with a buzzcut or longer hair than I want then risk it.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quoted
    288 Post(s)
    Not only am I leaving it long, I am attempting to grow my first beard. It isn’t working, so instead, I am growing my first goatee.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeysc23 View Post
    Used to do it all the time as a kid. I am surely going to be surprised at where my hairline is haha
    I hear you! Every time I almost work up the courage to do it, I pull my hair back and, eh, it can wait a few more days!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Quoted
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CK83 View Post
    I hear you! Every time I almost work up the courage to do it, I pull my hair back and, eh, it can wait a few more days!
    Exactly what I've done haha. I also worry that while I have sporadic grays around the sides, it will just be all gray when it grows back in haha. My dad grayed very early.

My stylist goofed on my last hair cut and tried to shape my hairline around the part and when he went up too high I really got a look at how far back it's gotten. Not bad, not in danger of losing hair, just surprising ... I don't know if I want to see that much forehead haha. First mistake he's made in the 3+ years cutting my hair. Hope he's doing alright.