Page 71 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Thread: What shoes are you wearing today?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    103 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nandyn View Post

My current go-to:
    AE Academy derbies in natural Horween.
    I really like those. Are they a current style?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    373 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo1997 View Post
    I really like those. Are they a current style?

No, not current as far as I know. I got them for a steal on eBay. Hardly a scuff on the soles, probably worn once or a display model or something, for less than $40 I believe.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    103 Post(s)
    No, not current as far as I know. I got them for a steal on eBay. Hardly a scuff on the soles, probably worn once or a display model or something, for less than $40 I believe.
    That's a great find. I wish I was as lucky, but I seem to spend way too much time wading though endless listings of stuff in my size.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    373 Post(s)

Gordon Rush double monks

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    561 Post(s)
    Gordon Rush double monks
    How about a mini-review of these shoes (a non-snobby review)?

They look good. A friend of mine has some Gordon Rush loafers he likes. They seem to have a lot of decent-looking shoes.

How do you like yours? I know you can find them at different price points depending on where you get them--I am assuming they are different lines.

Do you know much about them? I haven't run into much information on this brand. But I haven't looked much.
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    373 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebejoseph View Post
    How about a mini-review of these shoes (a non-snobby review)?

They look good. A friend of mine has some Gordon Rush loafers he likes. They seem to have a lot of decent-looking shoes.

How do you like yours? I know you can find them at different price points depending on where you get them--I am assuming they are different lines.

Do you know much about them? I haven't run into much information on this brand. But I haven't looked much.
    Don't know too much about these ones, but they're called the Bennet and was originally $225, but I got them for ~$55 at Nordstrom Rack couple years ago. Definitely like these guys and have been trying to wear them more often.

They're cemented, as far as I can tell, but cemented well. Stitching is nice and neat and the leather is actually pretty decent. It's not some corrected grain/painted cheap leather. Reasonably thick and soft feeling. leather lined as well. The leather and construction quality is very similar to my Banana Republic Wyatt Italian leather single monks (review of those on dappered main site if you don't have first hand experience with those), but maybe a bit more supple feeling.

Definitely wouldn't buy at full price, but worth it under 100. Comfortable, too.

As far as sizing goes, I'd say size up? These are an 8.5 and they fit my 8W feet perfectly, only about an inch past my big toe, but an 8.5 length foot would have to be pretty pointy to be comfortable crammed all the way to the front.
    Last edited by Nandyn; June 25th, 2019 at 02:33 PM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)

My current go-to:
    AE Academy derbies in natural Horween.
    Oh man, I like these a lot too. Just did a look around and cannot find em though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    373 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jays0n View Post
    Oh man, I like these a lot too. Just did a look around and cannot find em though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I got really, really lucky with those!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    561 Post(s)
    Thanks!

Don't know too much about these ones, but they're called the Bennet and was originally $225, but I got them for ~$55 at Nordstrom Rack couple years ago. Definitely like these guys and have been trying to wear them more often.

They're cemented, as far as I can tell, but cemented well. Stitching is nice and neat and the leather is actually pretty decent. It's not some corrected grain/painted cheap leather. Reasonably thick and soft feeling. leather lined as well. The leather and construction quality is very similar to my Banana Republic Wyatt Italian leather single monks (review of those on dappered main site if you don't have first hand experience with those), but maybe a bit more supple feeling.

Definitely wouldn't buy at full price, but worth it under 100. Comfortable, too.

As far as sizing goes, I'd say size up? These are an 8.5 and they fit my 8W feet perfectly, only about an inch past my big toe, but an 8.5 length foot would have to be pretty pointy to be comfortable crammed all the way to the front.
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    103 Post(s)
    Thursday Boot has a similar shoe. I have heard mixed things about quality, but maybe they'd suffice given that I'd have a hard time shelling out the $$$ that the folks on GYW seem to spend on stuff.

https://thursdayboots.com/products/m...ion=mens-shoes

For more, I suppose I could splurge on this by Rancourt: https://www.rancourtandcompany.com/m...den-derby.html