Page 69 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast

Thread: What shoes are you wearing today?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    559 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aręte View Post
    I've been considering getting a pair of Cordovan loafers. How do you like the Patriot Shell? Is there a reason you chose this over the Randolphs or a pair from Alden.
    Who are you asking? I'm guessing it's @Loafer28

Okay--I know it's not me, because I don't have any Cordovan. But I've been thinking about getting a pair of something in Cordovan--but not sure what. I'm shortest on loafers. But I'm not sure I want to spend $600 plus on loafers. I was thinking AE Daltons--but I already have about eight pairs of AE shoes.

I've seen that you can sometimes get even the shell shoes from AE for 30-40 percent off. I rarely see Alden on sale and when I do, it's usually limited sizes. So, if price is a consideration, there's that.

Also, I have too many shoes.
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quoted
    270 Post(s)
    I've been considering getting a pair of Cordovan loafers. How do you like the Patriot Shell? Is there a reason you chose this over the Randolphs or a pair from Alden.
    If you are asking me, I don’t mind answering, because I own all three. My favorites happen to be the Patriots. They have a classic American loafer look that’s not too sleek and not too chunky. The Alden’s suffer somewhat from the latter, but they are beautiful in there own way. The Randolph are definitely dressier which is why I reach for them less. I do like all three, so you couldn’t go wrong with any of them.

I picked up the Patriots from the Shoebank during a sale and they were close to $350 (I still see them drop close to that occasionally). The Alden’s were a recent score when brooks brothers clearing them out (this was a HUGE deal). I paid close to $420. The Randolph’s were an EBay find for $150, barely worn.

Hope this helps. Maybe I can get some pics up tomorrow

Edit: I just noticed the Patriot Second are on the Shoebank for $375. Not too bad!
    Last edited by Loafer28; June 6th, 2019 at 10:29 PM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ModifiedMind View Post
    Bought a pair of Nordstrom Vincent Plain Toe Derby shoes that were reduced down to $62.47. They came in yesterday, so of course I’m wearing them today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How do you like them? I ordered a pair too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hebrew Barrister View Post
    How do you like them? I ordered a pair too.
    So far, I love them. The color is a nice medium shade of brown, and they're pretty comfortable right out of the box. One shoe is a little squeaky, but I've had that happen with my boots before only for it to go away, so I'm hoping that's what'll happen with these shoes too.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loafer28 View Post
    If you are asking me, I don’t mind answering, because I own all three. My favorites happen to be the Patriots. They have a classic American loafer look that’s not too sleek and not too chunky. The Alden’s suffer somewhat from the latter, but they are beautiful in there own way. The Randolph are definitely dressier which is why I reach for them less. I do like all three, so you couldn’t go wrong with any of them.

I picked up the Patriots from the Shoebank during a sale and they were close to $350 (I still see them drop close to that occasionally). The Alden’s were a recent score when brooks brothers clearing them out (this was a HUGE deal). I paid close to $420. The Randolph’s were an EBay find for $150, barely worn.

Hope this helps. Maybe I can get some pics up tomorrow

Edit: I just noticed the Patriot Second are on the Shoebank for $375. Not too bad!
    Thanks for the info!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quoted
    270 Post(s)
    Thanks for the info!

Left to right:

Patriots in brown, Alden unlined #8, Randolph burgundy.

I prefer the Patriot because the toe box walls are a little lower and the toe tapers a bit more than the Alden’s. The Alden color is awesome, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    510 Post(s)
    Beautiful lineup of shoes @Loafer28

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quoted
    270 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post