Page 5 of 79 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: What shoes are you wearing today?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quoted
    242 Post(s)

Working from home today. AE Sea Island. These things are like house slippers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    95 Post(s)
    Jack Erwin suede chelseas

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    Standard walnut Daltons here today. I think these are going on 4 years old.

I don't know if it it safe for a newly diagnosed shoe addict like me to visit threads like these. Love Daltons, especially in walnut.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    147 Post(s)
    Standard walnut Daltons here today. I think these are going on 4 years old.

Do you use a darker polish/cream on these than the walnut shade? Really great color --I feel like my walnut AE's don't show the same character. Also a fan of the wider laces.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerpenguin View Post
    Do you use a darker polish/cream on these than the walnut shade? Really great color --I feel like my walnut AE's don't show the same character. Also a fan of the wider laces.
    Yeah, those look a lot better and the color has some extra depth. I have seen people use darker polish on these with similar results. I like it.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1030 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerpenguin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by idvsego View Post
    Yeah, those look a lot better and the color has some extra depth. I have seen people use darker polish on these with similar results. I like it.
    I have mostly used neutral wax polish and walnut AE polish. I think I did a light brushing of brown a while ago...maybe a year or 2 but they have since been conditioned a few times. For conditioner I use Lexol or these was some cream polish my MIL bought for me I have used on other shoes but it is neutral.

I have realized on some other shoes that I do not get the edges near over lapping pieces of leather very clean/polished. On my Carmina semi-brogues, they sort of gather dust around these areas so I am not surprised it is happening a bit here as well...that and I only have 1 "brown" dauber brush.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)
    I have mostly used neutral wax polish and walnut AE polish. I think I did a light brushing of brown a while ago...maybe a year or 2 but they have since been conditioned a few times. For conditioner I use Lexol or these was some cream polish my MIL bought for me I have used on other shoes but it is neutral.

I have realized on some other shoes that I do not get the edges near over lapping pieces of leather very clean/polished. On my Carmina semi-brogues, they sort of gather dust around these areas so I am not surprised it is happening a bit here as well...that and I only have 1 "brown" dauber brush.
    That's when the coolest effects happen in my opinion. Just natural stuff from using them and keeping them around a while. I wish those fit my feet well.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    490 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kongmw View Post
    Jack Erwin suede chelseas
    How do you like them? I've been trying to find some decent Chelsea boots (leather, not suede) in the $200 range. I'm expecting arrival of some from Jack Erwin tomorrow.

I have two pairs from To Boot New York I got on sale from Nordstrom and the leather looks so cheap, I'm going to return them without even trying them on.
    Intentionally overdressed for almost every occasion.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    95 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebejoseph View Post
    How do you like them? I've been trying to find some decent Chelsea boots (leather, not suede) in the $200 range. I'm expecting arrival of some from Jack Erwin tomorrow.
    imo they are decent shoes for the money. I have had these for 3+ years now and they have held up well. Granted I'm not hard on my shoes and I rarely wear them when weather turns nasty out. The suede is comparable to that from other companies in similar price bucket (jcrew, meermin). it's short nap but has enough texture for me. I don't know if JE has certain last(s) but these were easy to break in for me and comfortable since.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    59 Post(s)
    The stock show's in town...

Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence