Page 51 of 90 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: What shoes are you wearing today?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quoted
    363 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kongmw View Post
    trying to wear nicer shoes to the lab without worrying too much about destroying them with chemicals

AE mcgregors
    Nice! Just don't get any drops of 24:1 chloroform:iso-amyl alcohol on them like I did on a pair of nubuck shoes.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)
    Carmina chukkas

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quoted
    363 Post(s)

Doing some science wearing my Frye "Paul Bal" suede captoes again. Really digging these oxfords. The unfinished leather of the welt/sole/heel stack and washed/waxed suede really dress it down which works with my style. They're Goodyear welted, very comfy, and a steal at $53 during the last Nordstrom Rack's clearance.
    Last edited by Nandyn; March 21st, 2019 at 01:49 PM.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1048 Post(s)
    @Banks - You have a ton of great shoes. Jealous of those Carmina Chukkas. I have started looking for some chukkas but if I get into the Carmina boot price range, I know I will end up with some C&J Islay's.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)
    Thanks. I think lots of us tend to fall into the watch crowd or the shoe crowd. I'm obviously in the latter. Count wise I don't have a ton (relative term I suppose), though I try to aim for quality. Lots have been picked up on deep sale/close out. That said, these Carmina's were unfortunately only 10% off MSRP. Still worth it to me though as they get a ton of wear, both casually and at the office.

You've mentioned the Islay boots before. Time to bite the bullet! I can't recall ever seeing a pic of those where they don't look awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    @Banks - You have a ton of great shoes. Jealous of those Carmina Chukkas. I have started looking for some chukkas but if I get into the Carmina boot price range, I know I will end up with some C&J Islay's.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1048 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Banks View Post
    Thanks. I think lots of us tend to fall into the watch crowd or the shoe crowd. I'm obviously in the latter. Count wise I don't have a ton (relative term I suppose), though I try to aim for quality. Lots have been picked up on deep sale/close out. That said, these Carmina's were unfortunately only 10% off MSRP. Still worth it to me though as they get a ton of wear, both casually and at the office.

You've mentioned the Islay boots before. Time to bite the bullet! I can't recall ever seeing a pic of those where they don't look awesome.
    This has given me motivation to save for them. Sounds terrible but the easiest way for me to save is take cash out of the bank account. I am 40% of the way there currently...just need to ignore the urge to buy cheaper things....

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quoted
    521 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    Yes, those Carmina Chukkas are beautiful. I really don't have a need for any more Chukka boots, or any shoes at all--but those are making me wish I didn't buy the AE Chukkas I have. Of course, the Carmina version is four times more than what I paid for the AE Nomad on clearance sale.

But really beautiful, @Banks.
    Intentionally overdressed for almost every occasion.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)
    Carlos Santos. Keep thinking one of these days will be the last for flannel but the 40-degree days just continue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    First time long time.

Clark's Desert Boots on an early-spring casual Friday.

Last edited by timshel; March 22nd, 2019 at 11:14 AM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quoted
    252 Post(s)

Alden Unlined suede

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk