Page 35 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 998

Thread: What shoes are you wearing today?

  1. #341
    Varsity Member mebejoseph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    1,414
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    562 Post(s)
    Even though I am working at home, I am trying to make sure that I get into a work frame of mind by getting dressed and putting on shoes. So today my new, but inexpensive, Giorgio Brutini smoking slippers in red velvet with gold polkadots

    Just for a touch of whimsy


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

  2. #342
    Varsity Member Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    1,576
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    511 Post(s)
    @mebejoseph those are bold and full of awesomeness!!!

  3. #343
    Varsity Member minty007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    222
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)
    AE Park Ave today. These guys have to be more than 20 yrs old by now...

    Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

  4. #344
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    322
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebejoseph View Post
    Even though I am working at home, I am trying to make sure that I get into a work frame of mind by getting dressed and putting on shoes. So today my new, but inexpensive, Giorgio Brutini smoking slippers in red velvet with gold polkadots

    Just for a touch of whimsy


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Those are definitely making a statement.

    What statement I am not sure but....

    Seriously though, nice choice for the home office.

  5. #345
    Varsity Member mebejoseph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    1,414
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    562 Post(s)
    They look great! How often do you wear them?

    Quote Originally Posted by minty007 View Post
    AE Park Ave today. These guys have to be more than 20 yrs old by now...

    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

  6. #346
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    200
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    @mebejoseph those are bold and full of awesomeness!!!
    Yes @mebejoseph wow!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #347
    Varsity Member Nandyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,113
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    373 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Those are definitely making a statement.

    What statement I am not sure but....

    Seriously though, nice choice for the home office.
    The statement is, "There's no place like home."

  8. #348
    Varsity Member minty007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    222
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebejoseph View Post
    They look great! How often do you wear them?
    This pair is probably worn only once a month or so on average for the past 10 years, but closer to once per week during the first decade of their life.

    They've had multiple heels and soles over the years, buy never had an AE reconditioning. Cedar shoe trees have been used regularly since day one to maintain the linings.

    I'm dismayed reading the discussions about the recent changes at AE. I bought my first pair of AEs in 1981 and still have every shoe I purchased from them over the years. The most "recent" pair is now several years old. Properly fitted and selecting the right lasts, I've found them to be, by far, the most comfortable and durable dress shoes I've owned. I sure hope AE can regain their footing. It pains me to see what they have become.
    Last edited by minty007; February 19th, 2019 at 06:25 PM.
    Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

  9. #349
    Varsity Member minty007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    222
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebejoseph View Post
    Even though I am working at home, I am trying to make sure that I get into a work frame of mind by getting dressed and putting on shoes. So today my new, but inexpensive, Giorgio Brutini smoking slippers in red velvet with gold polkadots

    Just for a touch of whimsy


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My kind of gentleman! Sweet...
    Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

  10. #350
    Varsity Member mebejoseph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    1,414
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    562 Post(s)
    Despite the problems, I'm still a fan for now--except to the extent they are expecting us to perform their QC work.

    Quote Originally Posted by minty007 View Post
    This pairs is probably worn only once a month or so on average for the past 10 years, but closer to once per week during the first decade of their life.

    They've had multiple heels and soles over the years, buy never had an AE reconditioning. Cedar shoe trees have been used regularly since day one to maintain the linings.

    I'm dismayed reading the discussions about the recent changes at AE. I bought my first pair of AEs in 1981 and still have every shoe I purchased from them over the years. The most recent pair is now several years old. Properly fitted and selecting the right lasts, I've found them to be, by far, the most comfortable and durable dress shoes I've owned. I sure hope AE can regain their footing. It pains me to see what they have become.
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •