Page 19 of 100 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Thread: What shoes are you wearing today?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    561 Post(s)
    I like those. He puts that braid detail on a lot of shoes and I like its uniqueness. Justin isn't a big fan of derbies, so I'm surprised by that pair. It must be discontinued, no?

Also, I've been tempted by museum calf, but resisted so far. How do you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Banks View Post
    J.Fitzpatrick Lynwood derbies in their Copper Museum Calf.

WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebejoseph View Post
    I like those. He puts that braid detail on a lot of shoes and I like its uniqueness. Justin isn't a big fan of derbies, so I'm surprised by that pair. It must be discontinued, no?

Also, I've been tempted by museum calf, but resisted so far. How do you like it?
    You're right, Justin doesn't do very many derby styles. For this one, he created a new last (SEA) and the shoe debuted in late 2017 I think. I picked them up in early 2018 and have used the J.Fitzpatrick mink oil and occasionally polished with their mid-brown beeswax polish (what Justin recommended for this shade). The coloring on these has stayed fairly consistent over that time.

I love the quality of J.Fitzpatrick shoes (also have the Magnolia model in black) and would like to add one more pair at some point. The museum calf leathers in particular look like they should cost much more than they do (these were $300 via their pre-sale). Add in their nicely-shaped lasts and detailing like the braiding on this model and their shoes are a fantastic value.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Shoebank.com shows 20% off but if you go to the main AE website they have a bunch of factory seconds at 30%.
    The have Strands at $206.50. Higgins Mill for $192.50 and Cordovan Patriot Loafers for $339.50 but in very limited sizes.
    The stores were honoring the 30% on ALL seconds, not just what's on the mainline site. I ran into my local store and ordered a pair of Clark Streets (from the warehouse) for around $100-$110. Check shoebank.com, and then call up the store (or warehouse) and confirm the 30% discount and order em. Shipping is free, but they are getting really strict on the restocking fee, so caveat emptor and all that.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    122 Post(s)
    Nevermind, looks like the sale ended yesterday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post

AE Alumnus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice! I have the Academy, which is a plain toe version of the Alumnus, as far as I can tell. Have been searching for a pair of Alumnus in brown CXL like yours. Such a great shoe for jeans

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    95 Post(s)
    These are a pair of Lucchese 1883 cowboy boots I own from a previous life, lol.

They are over 12 years old and haven't received any loving for a long time.

I tried to apply some Saphir Médaille d'Or cream polish in neutral and the leather was getting splotchy so I stopped. Any suggestions?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quoted
    270 Post(s)
    These are a pair of Lucchese 1883 cowboy boots I own from a previous life, lol.

They are over 12 years old and haven't received any loving for a long time.

I tried to apply some Saphir Médaille d'Or cream polish in neutral and the leather was getting splotchy so I stopped. Any suggestions?

Bick 4 and a good brushing. That is all I put on my boots.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    95 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loafer28 View Post
    Bick 4 and a good brushing. That is all I put on my boots.
    Thanks @Loafer28. I'm also going to be looking for a polish for my new walnut Daltons. What would you recommend for those?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quoted
    270 Post(s)
    Thanks @Loafer28. I'm also going to be looking for a polish for my new walnut Daltons. What would you recommend for those?
    I have walnut Strands. I use Saphire Renovator to clean and confusion, then AE walnut cream polish. I’m not a mirror shine guy (business casual workplace with a lean towards casual), so I don’t use wax polish.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    Taft Jack Boots. Got them right before the holidays.