Page 10 of 100 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: What shoes are you wearing today?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    330 Post(s)
    AE Carlyles in brown.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    68 Post(s)
    BluKicks suede loafers...

Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    AE Higgins Mill in brown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    558 Post(s)
    Today I am wearing one of my very favorites, the Cobbler Union Jean Pierre. I love two-tone shoes and these are tame enough to wear to the office. Also, they are comfortable, fit well, and best of of all, I got them on sale for $150--usually about $400. YAY!

Socks are Bugatchi Mercerized Socks from Norstrom. I'm going to confess that I did purchase a few new pairs of socks because of this thread.

WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    AE Liverpool in walnut. Made it out of the garage in the off-white cords yesterday unscathed (pressing out bearings in an Alfa Romeo clutch housing). Parts store run today will be less risky

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1077 Post(s)
    @mebejoseph - 2 tone shoes scare me and I don't own a pair. Not even saddle shoes which seem to be easy to wear. Hell it took a while to get over my dislike of the Higgins Mills I am wearing where the welt is lighter than the leather shade.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    558 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    @mebejoseph - 2 tone shoes scare me and I don't own a pair. Not even saddle shoes which seem to be easy to wear. Hell it took a while to get over my dislike of the Higgins Mills I am wearing where the welt is lighter than the leather shade.
    I've worn two-tone shoes for years, but not with suits to work until recently--Those Cobbler Union shoes (above) and the AE shoes I dyed myself (also above).

I figure if people, in the name of "business casual" at a law office, are wearing their sneakers, worn out crepe soled chukka boots, and shoes that look like Rockport Marshalls, I can wear two-tone shoes to the office. I wouldn't wear them to court, however.

On the AE shoes, the contrast is so subtle that very few people even notice.

On the Cobbler Union shoes, because the burgundy is near the top, it is often 50% covered by my pant legs; so, again, the look is subtle.

And I'm finding it enjoyable to wear the two-tone shoes and others seem to appreciate the stepping up in style. One of the partners I was sharing an elevator ride with recently made a joke and asked me if I noticed that my bonus was higher this year because I won "Best Dressed Lawyer." That's thanks to getting some coaching from here from all you gentlemen that helped me step up my game just a little bit.

But I think that proves the two-tone look isn't pushing the limits.
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quoted
    270 Post(s)

AE Rush Street

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebejoseph View Post
    I've worn two-tone shoes for years, but not with suits to work until recently--Those Cobbler Union shoes (above) and the AE shoes I dyed myself (also above).

I figure if people, in the name of "business casual" at a law office, are wearing their sneakers, worn out crepe soled chukka boots, and shoes that look like Rockport Marshalls, I can wear two-tone shoes to the office. I wouldn't wear them to court, however.

On the AE shoes, the contrast is so subtle that very few people even notice.

On the Cobbler Union shoes, because the burgundy is near the top, it is often 50% covered by my pant legs; so, again, the look is subtle.

And I'm finding it enjoyable to wear the two-tone shoes and others seem to appreciate the stepping up in style. One of the partners I was sharing an elevator ride with recently made a joke and asked me if I noticed that my bonus was higher this year because I won "Best Dressed Lawyer." That's thanks to getting some coaching from here from all you gentlemen that helped me step up my game just a little bit.

But I think that proves the two-tone look isn't pushing the limits.
    I like two toned shoes as well. My coffee AE 5th avenues probably qualify if not by design then by flaw. In any event, I like them.

Again, nothing wrong with pushing the envelope. That's how new ideas are born!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    Wolverine 1000 Mile Adrian