Page 108 of 115 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1150

Thread: What shoes are you wearing today?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    394 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebejoseph View Post
    Decided to make today special by wearing these ridiculously extravagant slippers my wife gave me for Xmas.

Frankly, I’m afraid to wear them sometimes because I am afraid I will spill coffee on them or something.

Note: I am wearing white socks because I am headed for the gym in a couple of hours. Of course, I will change into my athletic shoes for that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Gorgon Medusa? Gotta love Roman versions of Greek mythology. "Hey, you got raped by a god in the temple? Now you're gonna be punished by being turned into a monster." Definitely interesting choice of logo for Versace.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    679 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nandyn View Post
    Gorgon Medusa? Gotta love Roman versions of Greek mythology. "Hey, you got raped by a god in the temple? Now you're gonna be punished by being turned into a monster." Definitely interesting choice of logo for Versace.
    Thanks, now I'm going to be thinking about the rape culture of the ancient Romans and Greeks every time I wear these.
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Thanks, now I'm going to be thinking about the rape culture of the ancient Romans and Greeks every time I wear these.
    Early frontrunner for 2020 quote of the year!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    394 Post(s)
    No worries! Your shoes are actually probably a metaphor for the sacking and pillaging of Greek temples during a lost battle/war. Proudly wear them into battle!

Are they strictly for lounging in the house or do you ever wear them out?

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    679 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rbirnie View Post
    Early frontrunner for 2020 quote of the year!

Quote Originally Posted by Nandyn View Post
    No worries! Your shoes are actually probably a metaphor for the sacking and pillaging of Greek temples during a lost battle/war. Proudly wear them into battle!

Are they strictly for lounging in the house or do you ever wear them out?
    Only for lounging when I want to feel fancy. Although the soles are substantial enough to wear outside, they have silk uppers, and even wearing them inside they easily seem to attract dust and household stains. I suppose if I had a driver who could pick me up at my doorstep and drop me off at "the club", I might wear them outside the house. While fancy lounge slippers were at the top of my Xmas list, but I was expecting something like the velvet slippers Brooks Brothers sells.

Since starting to work 90% from home, I've picked up several pairs of shoes and lounge slippers that are only for wearing inside, including some vintage new old stock US made Bostonian tassel loafers (see below later today) and a vintage pair of Johnston Murphy vintage crown aristocraft shoes that I am sending off to have vibram soles put on so they feel like slippers.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    394 Post(s)

Only for lounging when I want to feel fancy. Although the soles are substantial enough to wear outside, they have silk uppers, and even wearing them inside they easily seem to attract dust and household stains. I suppose if I had a driver who could pick me up at my doorstep and drop me off at "the club", I might wear them outside the house. While fancy lounge slippers were at the top of my Xmas list, but I was expecting something like the velvet slippers Brooks Brothers sells.

Since starting to work 90% from home, I've picked up several pairs of shoes and lounge slippers that are only for wearing inside, including some vintage new old stock US made Bostonian tassel loafers (see below later today) and a vintage pair of Johnston Murphy vintage crown aristocraft shoes that I am sending off to have vibram soles put on so they feel like slippers.
    Sounds quite luxurious. You could always be carried around like Chappelle-Diddy:

(Finally found a gif that'll actually display here)
    Last edited by Nandyn; February 5th, 2020 at 10:23 AM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    Please say that you're changing into gym shoes only after walking into the gym with those on!

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    679 Post(s)
    My indoor-dedicated new old stock vintage Bostonian tassel loafers for working at home and my AE Stuttgart derbies for a lunch meeting.

Last edited by mebejoseph; February 5th, 2020 at 07:39 PM.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    679 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    Please say that you're changing into gym shoes only after walking into the gym with those on!
    No, I do not wear them outside the house. I am afraid I will ruin them.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    679 Post(s)
    My newest pair of inside only work at home shoes—New old stock vintage ET Wright “Breather Wright” loafers with “arch preservers.”

It’s got interesting faux Goodyear welt construction and “velvet” leather soles. The uppers seem like they’re pretty cheap leather.

But for $30, it’s a win!

I’m surprised at how comfortable they are.