Thread: Finding pants that fit is even hard for professional athletes

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Quoted
    404 Post(s)

Finding pants that fit is even hard for professional athletes

Thought this article was interesting cuz itís why I hate pant shopping for finding jeans that fit over my thighs but my smaller waste size now.

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/2...utts-jeans-mix

It also mentions a couple fitness focused jean brands like Mugsy and Gongshow as well as higher end ones. I havenít tried any but might. If any have reviews are appreciated.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    Hunting for the perfect OTR fit is an order of magnitude more annoying than just finding jeans that fit at the waist/hips and then taking them to a good tailor. As for millionaire athletes, there is no reason why they shouldn't be getting everything made custom given their body type and wealth.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    59 Post(s)
    I watched a video of Brian Shaw trying to buy a sportcoat as well. It seemed . . . problematic.
    I can't find the stationary. -- James Bond

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    One of my local tailors does custom clothing for some of the Seattle Seahawks. (Shirt, jackets and pants, I believe.) As you can imagine professional football players aren't going to fit into your typical OTR clothing.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)
    Cool article - thanks for sharing. Mugsy denim looks interesting, though maybe too much stretch? Anyone own a pair?

I have a pair of Paige. A personal shopper at Nordstrom convinced me to buy them but
    Iím not sure Iím into them. They are super stretchy and not really a denim. They are something more like a sweatpants-legging thing but they are comfortable.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Quoted
    404 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gochrisgo View Post
    Cool article - thanks for sharing. Mugsy denim looks interesting, though maybe too much stretch? Anyone own a pair?

I have a pair of Paige. A personal shopper at Nordstrom convinced me to buy them but
    I’m not sure I’m into them. They are super stretchy and not really a denim. They are something more like a sweatpants-legging thing but they are comfortable.
    Yeah I got interested but the pics on the website (Mugsy) actually dissuade me ... I don't want jeans with that much give (some yes) but exaggerating it in the pics do it more bad then good.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Have you looked at https://www.epauletbrand.com/? The Wilhelm fit is specifically designed for a larger, athletic build.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Quoted
    404 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paxonus View Post
    Have you looked at https://www.epauletbrand.com/? The Wilhelm fit is specifically designed for a larger, athletic build.
    Never had heard of them but for me ... I cannot rationalize $100+ bucks on jeans. Maybe if I tried them on in a store and they were beyond perfect. But still ... I hear my mom's voice go off with your spending how much on jeans? lol