Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shawl collared cardigan with a tie.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Quoted
    457 Post(s)
    Did a dry run today of the outfit I was going to wear and opted against it. I don't think it looked that bad, but I think I will wear a base layer or a v-neck and sport coat to look more put together and to make myself feel better anyway. I'll be more confident in a jacket I think and I can always take it off when I am seated. Thank you all for the recommendations.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    326 Post(s)
    I like it. Maybe with one more button unbuttoned.
    Intentionally overdressed for almost every occasion.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    124 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Did a dry run today of the outfit I was going to wear and opted against it. I don't think it looked that bad, but I think I will wear a base layer or a v-neck and sport coat to look more put together and to make myself feel better anyway.
    I'd agree a jacket and v-neck is a better choice. That cardigan's relatively chunky knit makes the collar seem to swallow the shirt and tie. A smooth knit sweater with a smaller shawl collar might work; I wore such a combination, though in a pullover, a few times at the office as I built my suit collection.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Its not a bad look, but very, very, very Mr Rogers.
    I can't find the stationary. -- James Bond

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)
    I think it's gonna be perfectly fine

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Quoted
    958 Post(s)
    I would wear it. But I like cardigans and Mr Rodgers would be one of the nicest things I have been called in my life so I am cool with it.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Not a thing wrong with Mr Rogers.
    I can't find the stationary. -- James Bond

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    So now that you big day has past, overall what was the experience like on Thursday?

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Quoted
    457 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Topspot View Post
    So now that you big day has past, overall what was the experience like on Thursday?
    I chickened out on a sweater. I was going to wear a v-neck underneath my sport coat, but it was too tight in the sleeves with the one that I had planned on wearing. I ended up just going with a regular suit, but I wore a long sleeve base layer under my shirt, which was not noticeable at all. I was definitely warm enough and ended up taking off the coat a little while after my talk. I did wear the shawl cardigan on Friday though, with no tie, in an act of defiance!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    I chickened out on a sweater. I was going to wear a v-neck underneath my sport coat, but it was too tight in the sleeves with the one that I had planned on wearing. I ended up just going with a regular suit, but I wore a long sleeve base layer under my shirt, which was not noticeable at all. I was definitely warm enough and ended up taking off the coat a little while after my talk. I did wear the shawl cardigan on Friday though, with no tie, in an act of defiance!
    That's alright, at least its behind you now. With that experience I guest you will be more confident next time.