Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Business Casual in a Gym

Mentioned
    419 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2002 Post(s)
    You are probably in one of the rare circumstances where athleisure might make sense.

Basically I think your uniform should be something along the lines of button-down shirt/polo and chinos. The athleisure versions of those are probably fine - though if you must, I would stay away from sweatpants/joggers and stick to pants that are cut like real pants. In lieu of a blazer, something like a well-fitted, nice-looking zip-up fleece jacket or track jacket would probably be appropriate for winter wear.

In general I would stick to real leather shoes, like a suede chukka or perhaps a classic work boot, but a simple, clean-looking sneaker is probably fine.

I think the key to making this look respectable instead of sloppy is to really nail the fit and keep the colors classic and subdued.
    Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quoted
    311 Post(s)
    Athleisure is fine if you just can't live without it. If I were you (I'm definitely not you and I hate selling), I would stick with chinos+polo as long I closed the deals.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quoted
    432 Post(s)
    Do you have a company logo apparel? My parents used to sell camera equipment. And the Kodak, Nikon and Canon reps always has a sweater or fleece with their logo to help with brand awareness.

In this case I think a UA branded 1/4 zip with your companies logo would not only be what helps you but something your gym owners may also want to help promote your brand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    I do have logo polos (UA slim fit pique). As previously mentioned I think fit is a big part of style and material also plays into "athletic" vs dressy. Don't kill me, but Old Navy has some slim athletic chinos which seem great since the job does involve moving some heavy stuff sometimes and getting dirty (ruining clothes). The BR chinos are also a great suggestion. Looking at an athletic leather "dressy" sneaker from Cole Haan as an option for shoes.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    If you like that sneaker and dont mind spending a bit more magnani and Johnston and Murphy make some really nice dressier leather sneakers. Those are fine, just giving you more options.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Guys .... Guys.... Guys.

These....

Mentioned
    419 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2002 Post(s)
    Nuuuuuuu
    Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    I know some people who really like UA Chinos, although I have no experience https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/me...pid1309546-001
    https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/7-...cid1306326-001

Haven't tried the pants yet, but I like the shirts I have from Ministry of Supply (wouldn't pay full price though) https://ministryofsupply.com/collections/mens-pants