Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting rid of that hard skin on the bottom of your feet - tips? Ideas? Suggestions?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    I have very dry heals that form thick calluses and crack. I use moisturizer (not as much as I should) but will still get cracked heels.

2 ways.

I either get a pedicure ever so often and I have them use the electric dremel while my feet are dry

Or I use a dremel at my house when I don't want to get a pedi. Yes, a dremel but I have very bad heels.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    116 Post(s)
    Throw another vote on for moisturizing. Especially in winter, I just rub some generic Eucerin in before bed, and it softens up that gator skin on my feet.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1182 Post(s)
    OK a couple of follow up questions then...

1. When use the pumice stone do you use it on dry feet? Or would you use it after you've been in the shower/soaking in the tub so the skin is soft?
    2. The colossal foot rasp that was suggested over at Amazon looks like a serious tool! Some serious damage could happen with that thing! Has anyone used it successfully and not wrecked their feet? I'm nervous just looking at the image of it.

And moisturizing. Done! I'm already doing that so no point in not extending it to my feet too.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    Not to answer the OP post but I only started having this happening after....wearing proper dress shoes.

Used to wear rockport clunky "Dress" shoes for work, or else running shoes always had baby soft feet. Swapped over to my lovely leather dress shoes that I primarily wear for all situations now and I have rock hard heel skin

That said, there's pumice stone on a grinder thing for taking off that layer, leaves a lot of dust....like working with Bondo lol

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    124 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    And moisturizing. Done! I'm already doing that so no point in not extending it to my feet too.
    One trick I picked up from reading an interview with a hand model is to moisturize while the skin is still soft and damp from bathing (her skin has to be near flawless given makeup's not really an option in such extreme close-up images). Between the softened outer layer of dead skin and the pores being opened by the heat the moisturizing ingredients penetrate better.

Made quite a difference in the low humidity of winter, as I'm no longer itchy and shedding on my shins, among other areas.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    157 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    OK a couple of follow up questions then...

1. When use the pumice stone do you use it on dry feet? Or would you use it after you've been in the shower/soaking in the tub so the skin is soft?
    2. The colossal foot rasp that was suggested over at Amazon looks like a serious tool! Some serious damage could happen with that thing! Has anyone used it successfully and not wrecked their feet? I'm nervous just looking at the image of it.

Answer to #1. Use the pumice after 10-15 minutes in a hot shower.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1182 Post(s)
    Awesome tips. And @Galcobar the moisturizing while the skins is still soft/damp is the ONE helpful tip I picked up from the Style Girlfriend when I actually followed her site. Now I just find her annoying as all get out.

Looks like I'll be investing in a pumice stone...

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)
    I use shea butter to moisturize. It's the only thing that gets through my very dry feet.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quoted
    376 Post(s)
    Pumice stone after shower
    Moisturize over night and sleep with socks on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk