Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 69 of 69

Thread: US Suitsupply Outlet Opens 1/7

  1. #61
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    295
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    110 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by migrant worker View Post
    Anyone know if they're gonna re-up?
    Usually, there's a fairly substantial restock on Day 2 and maybe a tiny one on Day 3. So I wouldn't count on it--although, they've done things quite a bit differently this year (e.g., announcing it to the public beforehand, smaller markdowns on items, etc.)

  2. #62
    Varsity Member armedferret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Sometimes TX, Sometimes MD
    Posts
    1,261
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    413 Post(s)
    Ties and jacket arrived last night. If i'm not completely tanked after work tonight I'll change and have my photographer get a couple shots of at least the jacket in natural light.

  3. #63
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    312
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quoted
    119 Post(s)
    My suit arrived today, very fast turnaround this time. 42L Napoli, bright navy with a dark navy Glen check. Fit is slightly bigger than my existing Napoli of the same size from two years ago, but within easy tailoring.

    I'll post up a pic when it comes back from adjustments.

  4. #64
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    92
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ronrob View Post
    Fit is slightly bigger than my existing Napoli of the same size from two years ago, but within easy tailoring.
    Interesting. I wonder if this was manufacturing variation/tolerance or intentional. Where is the extra size? Mainly in the jacket waist?

    My only complaint with SS is the suits are cut with fairly open quarters which lets the tip of my tie peek out more often than I would like.

  5. #65
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    312
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quoted
    119 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slubby Linen View Post
    Interesting. I wonder if this was manufacturing variation/tolerance or intentional. Where is the extra size? Mainly in the jacket waist?

    My only complaint with SS is the suits are cut with fairly open quarters which lets the tip of my tie peek out more often than I would like.
    My guess is variation coupled with about five pounds of recent weight loss. In total it'll come in about an inch at the waist, where the first one never had to be altered at the waist, and right now could stand to move about a half inch if I were so inclined (I'm not that fussy and don't know whether the loss will stick, as it's mostly attributable to work stress).

    The chest is where more of the discrepancy is, rather than the waist. New one definitely cut fuller there by an inch, old one still fits well there.

    Funny, I actually like my tie to peek a bit. :\

  6. #66
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    92
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ronrob View Post
    My guess is variation coupled with about five pounds of recent weight loss. In total it'll come in about an inch at the waist, where the first one never had to be altered at the waist, and right now could stand to move about a half inch if I were so inclined (I'm not that fussy and don't know whether the loss will stick, as it's mostly attributable to work stress).

    The chest is where more of the discrepancy is, rather than the waist. New one definitely cut fuller there by an inch, old one still fits well there.

    Funny, I actually like my tie to peek a bit. :\
    An inch in the chest sounds like they've tweaked the fit some, which is interesting since they built their brand on slim fits. My impression is the fashion industry is chomping at the bit to swing back to looser fits bordering on shapeless (if the boxy fits seen in GQ these days are an indicator). I wonder if this might be SS responding to that sentiment a little bit. The tie peeking out is currently fashionable and I think looks okay in most situations but I wish I could hit a button and make the appearance a little more classic for something like a job interview.

  7. #67
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    312
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quoted
    119 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slubby Linen View Post
    An inch in the chest sounds like they've tweaked the fit some, which is interesting since they built their brand on slim fits. My impression is the fashion industry is chomping at the bit to swing back to looser fits bordering on shapeless (if the boxy fits seen in GQ these days are an indicator). I wonder if this might be SS responding to that sentiment a little bit. The tie peeking out is currently fashionable and I think looks okay in most situations but I wish I could hit a button and make the appearance a little more classic for something like a job interview.
    Now that I think about it, when I bought the first one a couple of years ago, I shopped both coasts. I visited my brother in DC, so I tried on there with him. The sales people had me in 44L as best fit, though we tried several 42L as well. They were a little tight in the chest (at the time I was in peak lifting form).

    A few weeks later I was in San Francisco for work. Visited there, and the first 42 I tried on there was the best fit. All Napoli's, either $399 or $499 price point.

    Basically I think they have some natural variation, and I just hit on a little looser 42L this time coupled with minor weight loss.

  8. #68
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    215
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    49 Post(s)
    I've gotten my Jort Tweed in. Fantastic piece and I love the tweed they used from Harris. Just need to lose the extra pounds I've been carrying and it will fit like a dream.

  9. #69
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    128
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    Doing my best to keep the wardrobe lean but couldn’t pass up a solid light blue twill dress shirt for $39.

    Made the mistake of checking in the 2nd day to see if they refreshed the stock and now I have an overcoat on the way :P


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •