Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: US Suitsupply Outlet Opens 1/7

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    110 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shad0w4life View Post
    S&M cardigans were terrible, I didn't even need to unfold it to know it was an RMA

Their pants have gone down hill substantially, giant waist with tiny little legs, I tried their Sondrio in 34 like my others, was an absolute joke to try and get over my legs. And they are very overpriced, $150 for lesser quality pants than SS. Every single pair I have from them, except the 35 waist which is a bit too big, the pockets all have ripped down the seam. And out of the 10+ dress shirts from them I now have 2 that have not shrunk.

Their suits, quality isn't bad, but SS after tailoring and alterations are MUCH cheaper and because their quality is better it makes no sense to get S&M suits. They have targeted non athletic builds and it's done them wonders, I keep giving them a chance as it's the only Canadian brand. But they aren't close to SS for bang for buck, or quality, I've abused my SS suits, and no seams have popped. Put my phone in my pocket of S&M and torn seams on pockets numerous times.

I did grab some stuff on BF sale and try it but GF hated the pants I got and also asked my they were so tight on my calves and that I shouldn't order slim pants....they were contemporary

I will add in their, shirt collar polos were amazing, consistently wear them and won't touch my Jcrew polos. The first dress shirt I got from them has held up amazing and never shrunk, and same with my first pair of pants, fit just fine, but anything new has gotten progressively smaller despite being "34" eg the Fresco that ripped second wear.
    I'm pretty sure the Dappered forum gang will be chasing after you with pitchforks and torches after you dare decry S&M...

Honestly, I agree with most of what you've said above. Their trousers never fit me well--I was always a little annoyed that their slim trousers seem to just be a full size down proportionally from their contemporary trousers, but with a bigger waist.

I think there's EXCELLENT value in their suits, but I haven't been able to find a tailor here locally that doesn't charge an arm and a leg for simple alterations like taking a jacket in at the waist ($50-70 around here) or shortening sleeves ($30-40). As a result, it really cuts into the price difference between S&M and SuitSupply for me, given that (1) SuitSupply suits need less tailoring for me usually, and (2) where tailoring is needed, it's much cheaper to have it done in-store with them.

My favorite S&M purchases have been their custom shirts (just insanely cheap with great, substantial collars).

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lax101 View Post
    I'm pretty sure the Dappered forum gang will be chasing after you with pitchforks and torches after you dare decry S&M...

Honestly, I agree with most of what you've said above. Their trousers never fit me well--I was always a little annoyed that their slim trousers seem to just be a full size down proportionally from their contemporary trousers, but with a bigger waist.

I think there's EXCELLENT value in their suits, but I haven't been able to find a tailor here locally that doesn't charge an arm and a leg for simple alterations like taking a jacket in at the waist ($50-70 around here) or shortening sleeves ($30-40). As a result, it really cuts into the price difference between S&M and SuitSupply for me, given that (1) SuitSupply suits need less tailoring for me usually, and (2) where tailoring is needed, it's much cheaper to have it done in-store with them.

My favorite S&M purchases have been their custom shirts (just insanely cheap with great, substantial collars).
    Yeah I'm not popular, I am negative on Allen Edmonds too....but it seems that they are getting less of a glowing recommendation now

Ah yeah that's what got me, SS I can get waist taken in and back roll fixed done, fits great. S&M I needed all sorts of alterations, it was double the cost and when SS is $529 and S&M is $500 it just doesn't make sense to spend more, I like SS material a bit better.

I haven't tried their custom shirts, I'm afraid of the shrinkage issue I've had with %90 of their shirts, but I guess I could order longer sleeves to cancel that (I have monkey arms, so any shrinkage is visible, their sleeves are JUST long enough on a new shirt)

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quoted
    497 Post(s)
    @shad0w4life I understand some of your concern but to me SuSu suits and pants donít fit an athletic build at all. They fit a skinny build. I cannot even get them on over my quads. They cling to my calves. I had a couple of mine tailored in their most relaxed fit but my tailor mentioned there isnít even a lot of give their in the suits.

I think if they fit for you they are great but Iíve had great success and itís comparable quality my SM stuff to my susu stuff outside ties. I think the key is getting the best suit that fits your body type to start before tailoring.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    110 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shad0w4life View Post
    Yeah I'm not popular, I am negative on Allen Edmonds too....but it seems that they are getting less of a glowing recommendation now

Ah yeah that's what got me, SS I can get waist taken in and back roll fixed done, fits great. S&M I needed all sorts of alterations, it was double the cost and when SS is $529 and S&M is $500 it just doesn't make sense to spend more, I like SS material a bit better.

I haven't tried their custom shirts, I'm afraid of the shrinkage issue I've had with %90 of their shirts, but I guess I could order longer sleeves to cancel that (I have monkey arms, so any shrinkage is visible, their sleeves are JUST long enough on a new shirt)
    Avoid their poplin shirts--those seem to be the worst culprit. Their easy-iron poplin also didn't shrink much lengthwise but got awfully tighter after one wash. Twill, royal twill, pinpoint oxford and regular oxford have all been fine for me.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    Picked up a nice tweed jacket.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    I'm happy for those that got what they wanted at a great deal. I love Suit Supply, I have 11 of their suits. I was very psyched for this sale but something funny happened. As soon as the sale started and was refreshed,e very single size of the 5 suits I had saved went immediately to "Out of Stock". Strange. Then, I went over to Suit Supply's regular website and their they were, all back in stock AT REGULAR prices. I was wondering if anyone picked up a PLAIN NAVY blue or PLAIN gray suit in the sale(size 44 or 46).Thanks.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    I went on around 10:10 when prices were still full price and there wasn't a solid navy or grey there at that time in 44r. I would have grabbed one if so, I need a navy especially. I logged out then back in and prices were lower, but didn't see any changes in stock.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    The deals seem to have refreshed today. I went back in, and was tempted to buy a couple of shirts, but remembered that I always need to shorten the sleeves, so I didn't bother. I did, however end up purchasing two suede braided belts - something I'd been thinking about. $64 total. Not too shabby.
    instagram.com/cutandbasted
    cutandbasted.tumblr.com

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quoted
    497 Post(s)
    Has anyone noticed a refresh in stock? I havenít and prices still seem higher than previous outlets. Wondering if people anticipate price dropping as the outlet lingers? I donít need any other sport coat but thereís a couple I have my eye on if theyíd drop to around 199 what Iíve spent previously on the outlet sport coats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Anyone know if they're gonna re-up?