Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: US Suitsupply Outlet Opens 1/7

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quoted
    119 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurps View Post
    Thinking about a brown Wool/Silk/Linen suit, I've seen the Havana fit sport coat in that blend and liked it. Any thoughts on that blend in a suit? Probably willing to wait to see if stock is refreshed tomorrow before buying.
    The silk can make it pretty shiny. I've got that blend in a SuSu sport coat...if it were a full suit, I'd never wear it because it would look like super fancy silk pajamas or something. It's a lot for the eye to take in. YMMV, of course, and not all blended fabrics look the same.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quoted
    119 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allysan1027 View Post
    Currently have a charcoal and navy suits, was looking to add a medium blue suit to the rotation and this seems like a good opportunity. Don't love the patterns though, does anybody have any thoughts on which of the following would be the most subtle?

https://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/c_su...pe/P4995I.html

https://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/c_su...ipe/P5198.html

https://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/c_su...ne/P4290N.html
    Herringbone is best of the three, none is bad. If it's not the first navy suit in the closet that would be my choice. If you really want something more mid blue, I'd wait it out.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)
    Anyone know how solid their briefcases are? I'm looking to move to a nicer leather case, and getting one for $220 rather than $350+ seems like a good play if they're well-made.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)
    Damn US only, even better prices on by far best bang for buck suits/cardigans/pants and I'm in Canada :'(

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shad0w4life View Post
    Damn US only, even better prices on by far best bang for buck suits/cardigans/pants and I'm in Canada :'(
    You must have missed the Boxing Day sales at Spier and Mackay.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    110 Post(s)
    A few interesting trends this year:

1) For the first time that I can remember, SuitSupply advertised the outlet sale very publicly (on social media) and disclosed the start date and password before the sale started. Usually, it's a guessing game (although the start date is usually pretty predictable). As a result, it seems like items flew off the shelves in the first hour of the sale, quite a bit faster than usual. Typically, accessories like ties and socks would stick around for days (which are easily the best deal of the sale, IMO), and now, those were almost completely sold out by noon EST.

2) The sale started at 10am EST, which is much later than usually. It's typically started extremely early in the morning (6am EST or earlier).

3) Discounts were markedly lower than usual. 50% was typically the minimum, with some items up to 65-70%. This year, it seems like most items floated around the 30-50% mark. For example, La Spalla suits sold for $399 last year and were being listed for $599 this year.

All in all, I'm bummed about all three of the above, but probably reflects that this outlet sale is no longer going to be a really great secret for a loyal niche group of SuitSupply fans.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1048 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shad0w4life View Post
    There was a Canadian one, I want to say last week.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quoted
    469 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lax101 View Post
    A few interesting trends this year:

1) For the first time that I can remember, SuitSupply advertised the outlet sale very publicly (on social media) and disclosed the start date and password before the sale started. Usually, it's a guessing game (although the start date is usually pretty predictable). As a result, it seems like items flew off the shelves in the first hour of the sale, quite a bit faster than usual. Typically, accessories like ties and socks would stick around for days (which are easily the best deal of the sale, IMO), and now, those were almost completely sold out by noon EST.

2) The sale started at 10am EST, which is much later than usually. It's typically started extremely early in the morning (6am EST or earlier).

3) Discounts were markedly lower than usual. 50% was typically the minimum, with some items up to 65-70%. This year, it seems like most items floated around the 30-50% mark. For example, La Spalla suits sold for $399 last year and were being listed for $599 this year.

All in all, I'm bummed about all three of the above, but probably reflects that this outlet sale is no longer going to be a really great secret for a loyal niche group of SuitSupply fans.
    Agreed on most of these points. Usually I’ve got time to search ties and 3 different times a tie sold out before I checked out in what total was under an hour or so as I went through the ties.

Also seemed last year the deals were much greater. Although I’m sort of happy about this because if jackets were in the 149-199 price like last time I got a burgundy jacket I would’ve added one of the green jackets. At 249-299. It was much easier to hold off for me.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    There was a Canadian one, I want to say last week.
    OMG....just going to wrap the phone cord around my neck now.....

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mlstein View Post
    You must have missed the Boxing Day sales at Spier and Mackay.
    S&M cardigans were terrible, I didn't even need to unfold it to know it was an RMA

Their pants have gone down hill substantially, giant waist with tiny little legs, I tried their Sondrio in 34 like my others, was an absolute joke to try and get over my legs. And they are very overpriced, $150 for lesser quality pants than SS. Every single pair I have from them, except the 35 waist which is a bit too big, the pockets all have ripped down the seam. And out of the 10+ dress shirts from them I now have 2 that have not shrunk.

Their suits, quality isn't bad, but SS after tailoring and alterations are MUCH cheaper and because their quality is better it makes no sense to get S&M suits. They have targeted non athletic builds and it's done them wonders, I keep giving them a chance as it's the only Canadian brand. But they aren't close to SS for bang for buck, or quality, I've abused my SS suits, and no seams have popped. Put my phone in my pocket of S&M and torn seams on pockets numerous times.

I did grab some stuff on BF sale and try it but GF hated the pants I got and also asked my they were so tight on my calves and that I shouldn't order slim pants....they were contemporary

I will add in their, shirt collar polos were amazing, consistently wear them and won't touch my Jcrew polos. The first dress shirt I got from them has held up amazing and never shrunk, and same with my first pair of pants, fit just fine, but anything new has gotten progressively smaller despite being "34" eg the Fresco that ripped second wear.