Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your top go-to watch in 2018?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My SKX013 just looks right with everything, ATMO. It's my go-to.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by motosacto View Post
    What was your default most-liked/worn watch in 2018? I got a titanium Seiko Presage SARX055 (baby Snowflake) last spring and it has been my #1 watch since (I’m wearing it right now). I have a couple of beaters that got wrist time on the weekends, but the Seiko was definitelyy watch of 2018. Yours?

love this watch, but I think it may be a little too big for my 6" wrists. How do you fit it wears?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    love this watch, but I think it may be a little too big for my 6" wrists. How do you fit it wears?
    My wrist is 6.5Ē and it works for me but I am glad it isnít bigger. Hope that helps...

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quoted
    590 Post(s)
    i happen to be wearing it right now. cheapo watches WTF !

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1182 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeysc23 View Post
    I'd love to add a Rolex in 2019 but I just cannot get over the stick shock for the one I want. I wonder what I'd do once I get one and have the Baume Mercier. Wonder if I'd sell the B&M or just relegate it to backup duty.

Maybe go the used route? While still expensive not quite as painful as going new. Provided you trust the seller, can find the watch you want, etc...

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Quoted
    383 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    Maybe go the used route? While still expensive not quite as painful as going new. Provided you trust the seller, can find the watch you want, etc...
    Not opposed at all at used but the one I have my eye on appears to be a newer style? I also don't know enough to research the sellers etc. yet if it does drop in price.

Saw a similar one to this but with a silver face on a reps wrist when in Coronado Springs ... it was beautiful then I saw this one with the dark dial and blue hands (i forget where) and realized if I was ever to get one ... this one speaks to me. My dad has an old date Oyster Rolex (I probably butchered that model) from the 90s but my brother called dibs on it when he's ready to move on from it. It's also very 90s with the gold and silver band etc.

https://www.rolex.com/watches/yacht-...6622-0003.html

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Probably my Luminox Sentry, since that's my work watch. Wow that's depressing, thanks guys.
    I can't find the stationary. -- James Bond

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1182 Post(s)
    @hockeysc23 I hear ya on the 'trust the seller' bit. I was worried as all get out in buying my used watches. Here is the approach I took, if it helps.

- lurked on forums and saw who was selling regularly, as opposed to the one off's
    - searched said forums for reviews of the sellers
    - google searched their names/user names
    - contacted the sellers directly and asked them pointed questions about the watch
    - sometimes I'd ask them questions I already knew the answer to, to test their knowledge and level of honesty

Regarding online shops - such as Crown and Caliber - I kind of did the same thing.

- read online reviews
    - contacted the shop with pointed questions
    - searched watch forums for user input/experience
    - posted questions on watch forums about specific stores if I couldn't find what I was looking for.

Hope it helps. I love enabling others to spend money

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    321 Post(s)
    Go-to watch is still the GS. I swap between the leather strap and stainless bracelet occasionally every now and then. During the summers it definitely takes a backseat while my Alpinist and CW Trident see a lot of wear.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Quoted
    383 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    @hockeysc23 I hear ya on the 'trust the seller' bit. I was worried as all get out in buying my used watches. Here is the approach I took, if it helps.

- lurked on forums and saw who was selling regularly, as opposed to the one off's
    - searched said forums for reviews of the sellers
    - google searched their names/user names
    - contacted the sellers directly and asked them pointed questions about the watch
    - sometimes I'd ask them questions I already knew the answer to, to test their knowledge and level of honesty

Regarding online shops - such as Crown and Caliber - I kind of did the same thing.

- read online reviews
    - contacted the shop with pointed questions
    - searched watch forums for user input/experience
    - posted questions on watch forums about specific stores if I couldn't find what I was looking for.

Hope it helps. I love enabling others to spend money
    Lol and thanks for the assist. At least looking on the credible uses forums the model I like is not discounted enough to justify a used versus new price for me. But Iíll keep these in mind.

I really wanted to get a Rolex soon after my son is born to give to him one day. I think thatís a cool idea but I may be alone.