Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Fashion Trends for 2019 Hopes and Wishes

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    203 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lgball View Post
    I just want the hoodie under the suit jacket/sportcoat thing to die. The Suitsupply outlet is full of that and J Crew was pushing it too. I've never seen it in the wild and hope I never do.
    Hoodie under a sport coat? Never seen that. How does that even work? Where does the hood go?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hebrew Barrister View Post
    Hoodie under a sport coat? Never seen that. How does that even work? Where does the hood go?
    The hood lays up on top of the collar like this guy: https://goo.gl/images/dToB8a

Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1347 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by udub86 View Post
    The hood lays up on top of the collar like this guy: https://goo.gl/images/dToB8a
    Dan!!! Wow, it's been years since I've seen him post anything as casual as that. Wow. Talk about a throw back! Good find.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I'd like to see the popularity of casual sneakers for grown men decrease. At least scaled back to warm weather. I shake my head when I see grown men wearing sneakers (usually with dad jeans) when it's 15 degrees outside with 4 inches of snow on the ground.

I believe that over age 30, men should generally wear nice shoes (nice, but not necessarily formal). For me that doesn't include inexpensive running sneakers.

It would be good, too, to see women stop wearing workout or yoga pants everywhere. I keep wondering if that many women really just finished exercise class.
    Last edited by Raakish; January 15th, 2019 at 12:10 PM.

Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1347 Post(s)
    @Raakish when you talk about sneakers, are you talking about running shoes, as opposed to what I might term a casual shoe such as a Stan Smith?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Hey Doc,

Yes, running-style shoes. At one point, I said "inexpensive running sneakers." A Stan Smith, a GAT, or a Nike Killshot is not what I had in mind, as those suggest the wearer took some interest in his appearance. But even then I think those nicer sneakers are usually not a great choice for serious winter weather.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raakish View Post
    It would be good, too, to see women stop wearing workout or yoga pants everywhere.
    I wholeheartedly disagree.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1012 Post(s)
    I guess some style items depend on your life. For instance, Sunday, I wore some running shorts and tee around the house while playing with the kids. At nap time around lunch I went for a 10 mile run in the clothes from the morning, afterward I hopped in my car to run to Costco, stopped back by home to drop items off, then headed to the grocery store for the week. When I got done there I came home and cooked dinner, kids bathed then headed to bed at which point I finally got a shower in.

People can bitch all they want but when you are truly an active parent, certain things take precedence over what forums discuss.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    67 Post(s)
    Hopefully more men realize how important it is to wear properly fitting clothes.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    Dan!!! Wow, it's been years since I've seen him post anything as casual as that. Wow. Talk about a throw back! Good find.
    Man, I kind of forgot he existed. Since he stopped blogging and started hucking his MTM or tailoring, I stopped looking at his site. I miss his old TSB posts
    Thats kind of the way FE Castleberry is going for me too.