Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 51

Thread: Fashion Trends for 2019 Hopes and Wishes

  1. #21
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    232
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    82 Post(s)
    Normal/Not-Big Watches Return (35 to 38 mm).
    Elastane Content in Chinos Goes to 0%.

    Neither will happen, but I can always wish...
    Mark

  2. #22
    Varsity Member Brent k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    1,983
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quoted
    379 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by motosacto View Post
    Normal/Not-Big Watches Return (35 to 38 mm).
    Elastane Content in Chinos Goes to 0%.

    Neither will happen, but I can always wish...
    I was shocked to see Taylor Stitch switching to spandex in their chinos after their Spain chinos generally got rave reviews. I was lucky to get some 100% cotton made in Spain ones on clearance since it’s not made in China and new blend with spandex.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #23
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    142
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    1. Tall sizes become more common. This is a personal one at 6'7". It's really limiting, but maybe that's a good thing for my wallet.
    2. Stretchy madness goes away. I do like some stretch (maybe 1-2%), but my pants always seem to get so saggy after only a few wears.
    3. Huge watches are gone. I agree with everyone else. 42mm should be absolute max with most being around 39.
    4. J Crew prospers.
    5. Mechanical watches continue to fight against Apple Watches. Unfortunately, many well-dressed people I know now wear Apple watches.
    6. Old people stop wearing college track suits and hoodies. Grandparents used to be some of the most stylish people, but not anymore. Now many dress like junior high kids and think it's cool.
    7. No more sweatpants and boat shoes. Ever. I see this at the grocery store all the time now. I mean, this one should go without saying.
    8. Spier and Mackay comes to the USA.
    9. J Crew makes return shipping free. It's bad when the J Crew employee mistakes you for someone they know just because you are always returning things in store.
    10. Size 15 shoes become more common. Another personal one, but it seems like so many shoes only go up to size 14.

  4. #24
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    332
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    137 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aręte View Post
    1. Tall sizes become more common. This is a personal one at 6'7". It's really limiting, but maybe that's a good thing for my wallet.
    2. Stretchy madness goes away. I do like some stretch (maybe 1-2%), but my pants always seem to get so saggy after only a few wears.
    3. Huge watches are gone. I agree with everyone else. 42mm should be absolute max with most being around 39.
    4. J Crew prospers.
    5. Mechanical watches continue to fight against Apple Watches. Unfortunately, many well-dressed people I know now wear Apple watches.
    6. Old people stop wearing college track suits and hoodies. Grandparents used to be some of the most stylish people, but not anymore. Now many dress like junior high kids and think it's cool.
    7. No more sweatpants and boat shoes. Ever. I see this at the grocery store all the time now. I mean, this one should go without saying.
    8. Spier and Mackay comes to the USA.
    9. J Crew makes return shipping free. It's bad when the J Crew employee mistakes you for someone they know just because you are always returning things in store.
    10. Size 15 shoes become more common. Another personal one, but it seems like so many shoes only go up to size 14.
    Actually on #5, sales stats show that mechanical watches are doing very well.

  5. #25
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    224
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aręte View Post
    8. Spier and Mackay comes to the USA.
    so. much. this. (tho admittedly probably a very long shot)

  6. #26
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Halifax, Canada
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Don't you dare steal our Spier and Mackay. Canadians have a hard enough time finding quality menswear options as it is!

  7. #27
    Super Moderator DocDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The Great White North
    Posts
    3,359
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1245 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aręte View Post
    8. Spier and Mackay comes to the USA.
    But what do you plan on giving us in return? Bonobos?

  8. #28
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    332
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    137 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    But what do you plan on giving us in return? Bonobos?
    We'll let you have Justin Beiber back.

  9. #29
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Halifax, Canada
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hebrew Barrister View Post
    We'll let you have Justin Beiber back.
    Should have read the fine print, "No Returns, Exchanges or Refunds, Sold As Is Where Is, The seller takes no liability for the state of the item, nor for any side effects the item may cause. Caveat Emptor".

  10. #30
    Varsity Member Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    1,478
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quoted
    469 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hebrew Barrister View Post
    We'll let you have Justin Beiber back.
    THIS^ and milk in a bag, but we are keeping the poutine. Sorry in advance.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •