Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fashion Trends for 2019 Hopes and Wishes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
    I think that I have one of these.
    I know I have a few of them, and I love them. They are warm and cozy.

Best part, on a pinch I can flip the floppy parts up and hide from my boss in full wool blend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    Phase out - square toed shoes, mean wearing 3/4 length pants in the summer

Phase in - a return to politeness/manners. No more texting at the dinner table OR photographing your food. Hold the door open for the women in your life - and those NOT in your life too. And for F**K sakes, start saying please and thank you again!
    Square toed shoes, but one more step, the no lace semi loafer with elastic on either side and black dressletic soles. I have so many people at my work wearing them, and they hurt my eyes. It makes me think of a four year old who can't tie their shoes properly.

Agree on your phase in 100%. I am guilty of tuning out too often. We need to be present with those around us, even if they aren't people we know. Learn to build social capital through breaking out of our electronic shells to shake a hand, hold a door, or just smile at someone we don't know. Have a conversation with the person in line at the grocery store about something small (just for heaven's sake, not the weather). Find ways to be engaged and be engaging.

Sorry that was long, but I feel our connections slipping away and our existence becoming one more liberal paternalistic algorithm away from complete isolation.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    I'm pretty happy with how things went in 2018, so more of that I guess. For the first time I feel like I can truly wear whatever the fuck I want, no matter how outlandish, and it feels good.

My goal for 2019 is to get on this level":https://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/fashion....w600.h750.jpg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by evanparker View Post
    -crappy cardigans with floppy vagina collars go away

Lol. +1

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    Also, looking forward to smaller/ more appropriately sized watches making a comeback. I think that started, but Iím hoping itíll really take off in 2019.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quoted
    376 Post(s)
    What does a cardigan with a flappy vagina look like? I love shawl collar cardigans and wear them to work at my pipe smoking and book reading store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1875 Post(s)
    TFW grown-ass men don’t know the difference between a vagina and a vulva....
    Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sethtvaughn View Post
    Also, looking forward to smaller/ more appropriately sized watches making a comeback. I think that started, but Iím hoping itíll really take off in 2019.
    Agreed that we're getting there. Seems like there's been a slew of "reduced" models that have come out in the past 2-3 years with good fanfare (Tudor BB58, Omega PO 39.5, a bunch of vintage re-releases, etc.)

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    124 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    TFW grown-ass men donít know the difference between a vagina and a vulva....
    Frightening number of women don't know that either. Thank aggressively ignorant people (parents) who think sex education and proper names for body parts are sinful.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by evanparker View Post
    do you all have a summer where you can wear shorts? :-D i thought it was just snow plow season, and snow plow fixing season up there.
    In Wisdom Montana they used to have a sign outside of town that read, ď11 Months Winter, 1 Month Rough SleddingĒ
    Mark