Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42

Thread: Best purchase of 2018?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Super Moderator DocDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The Great White North
    Posts
    3,667
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1380 Post(s)

    Best purchase of 2018?

    What was your best sartorial purchase of 2018?

    For me it was picking up a 1997 Rolex Submariner. The watch has quickly become my go-to and pretty much a daily wearer. While I do have some other nice watches, I find myself reaching for the sub more and more.

  2. #2
    Varsity Member evanparker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Brighton, MA
    Posts
    1,691
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quoted
    622 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post

    For me it was picking up a 1997 Rolex Submariner.


    if you dont mind me asking, how much did it run you? where did you purchase it from?

  3. #3
    Super Moderator DocDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The Great White North
    Posts
    3,667
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1380 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by evanparker View Post
    if you dont mind me asking, how much did it run you? where did you purchase it from?
    I'll plead the 5th on the first question. But on the second, I bought the watch from Crown and Caliber (https://www.crownandcaliber.com/) and I can't recommend them enough. I lurked on the site for a while and waited for a combination of a) them having the watch I wanted in stock and b) them running a sale. When everything landed I made my move. Couldn't be happier with the watch or the service.

  4. #4
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,052
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quoted
    313 Post(s)
    Heather, deep cedar GREEN crew-neck sweater. I've worn it to death. Before this purchase, I've got only one typical burgundy crew-neck sweater (and some turtlenecks and cardigans). I so want to get other colors but got too much cool season clothing already.

    https://bananarepublic.gap.com/brows...972&pcid=28660

  5. #5
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    2,733
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1035 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3piece View Post
    Heather, deep cedar GREEN crew-neck sweater. I've worn it to death. Before this purchase, I've got only one typical burgundy crew-neck sweater (and some turtlenecks and cardigans). I so want to get other colors but got too much cool season clothing already.

    https://bananarepublic.gap.com/brows...972&pcid=28660
    Out of my size. Only have navy left.

    I really love my S&M turtleneck but I think my most worn purchase were my AE Higgins Mill boots. I love them a lot more than I thought I would.

    While I did purchase my gansey sweater in 2018, it will not come for another couple months so I am counting that as 2019. Also thinking of picking up some suede Chelseas in 2019....yet to decide on brand and color.

  6. #6
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,059
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    323 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    What was your best sartorial purchase of 2018?

    For me it was picking up a 1997 Rolex Submariner. The watch has quickly become my go-to and pretty much a daily wearer. While I do have some other nice watches, I find myself reaching for the sub more and more.
    Green tweed sportcoat from S&M. Gf got it for me for xmas. Wore it today for the first time and it is awesome.

  7. #7
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,195
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quoted
    459 Post(s)
    Hmm good question. Probably a tie between my Suit Supply outlet burgundy jacket. Eyed it when it was released then it hit outlet in my size at a price I could do.

    Tie would be my S&M brown herringbone jacket. Great fit and construction.

  8. #8
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    653
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    186 Post(s)
    I think the only thing I bought this year were a pair of AE Leeds 2.0 in brown grain leather and I love them. I wear them all the time, no regrets.

  9. #9
    Varsity Member mebejoseph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    1,253
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Quoted
    501 Post(s)
    I think my wife got the best deal of the year by stacking a couple of sale opportunities on my Xmas gift--a Brooks Brothers 1818 Regent fit suit for about $450.

    When AE did that crazy sale in September I picked up some first quality Nomad chukka boots for about $125--a crazy low price, I think. And even though they had a minor blemish, I was not going to return them for that price. I've walked miles in them and they're quite comfortable.
    Intentionally overdressed for almost every occasion.

  10. #10
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    182
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •