Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Best purchase of 2018?

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1362 Post(s)
    For 2019 I see myself being in a holding pattern. Maybe a purchase of new pair of AE shoes/boots if the mood strikes. But no really huge investments. I'm in a good space with my wardrobe now. I WILL replace a lot of my socks and underwear though. Per an earlier thread, out with the boxers, in with sport boxers.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    80 Post(s)
    I bought a navy H&M Cargo jacket and it has quickly become my go-to outerwear for work and travel. Just spent 12 days traveling through Europe for the holidays and wore it all day every day. https://www2.hm.com/en_us/productpage.0566540001.html
    Measurement Reference: 5'11" 173lbs 40R 32x32

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Best score was a Daniel Cremieux wool coat. I needed a smart casual coat that was a step down from a true overcoat like you'd wear with a suit and this thing nailed it. $700 list, $500 retail on sale. I got it for a hundred bucks on eBay in like new condition.

Spier & Mackay wool/cashmere overcoat. The two-roll-three buttoning sets it apart from most others in that category. Really sleek.

But my best purchase? Probably some Target henleys and corduroy pants. Target is absolutely nailing it in terms of bang for buck. Whoever is curating their collection really knows what they're doing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Goodfellow's green wool trench coat. Keeps me warm and looks much more expensive than it is.

Also sidegrading from an Apple Watch to a Fossil Q hybrid watch. Less overall functionality, but it does everything I need it to, and looks 100% better.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    215 Post(s)
    Rado Capt Cook Mk2. Everything about it is so right. I don't regret the money I spent at all.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    162 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hebrew Barrister View Post
    Rado Capt Cook Mk2. Everything about it is so right. I don't regret the money I spent at all.
    Really wish I didn't see this. I've been lusting over the Rado Capt Cook Hyperchrome but haven't been able to justify the price. The Mk2 is really cool too. Would love to see a pic in the WWIWT thread.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    150 Post(s)
    Probably a pair of grey Jack Purcells I picked up during a Nordstrom's sale. I've been struggling to find my pair of perfect casual sneakers for ages and have bought the odd pair here and there only to find that I rarely ever wear them. The Jack Purcells fit the bill perfectly and I'm getting a ton of use out of them.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    67 Post(s)
    Probably Rapid Movement jeans from BR. Life changing!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deke View Post
    Probably a pair of grey Jack Purcells I picked up during a Nordstrom's sale. I've been struggling to find my pair of perfect casual sneakers for ages and have bought the odd pair here and there only to find that I rarely ever wear them. The Jack Purcells fit the bill perfectly and I'm getting a ton of use out of them.
    I've been considering that too, how are they, overall sizing and comfort wise?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quoted
    618 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    For 2019 I see myself being in a holding pattern... I WILL replace a lot of my socks and underwear though. ...

same exact thing. i'm still cruising on shoes and shirts i overbought in 2012 :-D

i definitely have a few shoes i have to send to AE recrafting though. I'll probably spend more on recrafts than actual shoes this year. I have a whole bunch coming up at the same time, unfortunately but what can you do :-D