Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Best purchase of 2018?

Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1453 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by evanparker View Post
    if you dont mind me asking, how much did it run you? where did you purchase it from?
    I'll plead the 5th on the first question. But on the second, I bought the watch from Crown and Caliber (https://www.crownandcaliber.com/) and I can't recommend them enough. I lurked on the site for a while and waited for a combination of a) them having the watch I wanted in stock and b) them running a sale. When everything landed I made my move. Couldn't be happier with the watch or the service.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    A pair of vintage shell cordovan Florsheim Imperials. Had some issues with foot pain and their slightly roomier fit (compared to my AEs) allowed for inserts that make them SO freakin' comfortable. Not to mention that cordovan looks insane and will last an eternity.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)
    Barbour Bedale - I have been wanting one for a few years and finally decided to pull the trigger. Couldn't be happier with this jacket. Absolutely perfect for me.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    370 Post(s)
    That's a tough one. It's either the awesome dinosaur short sleeve button down I got last week or the Roots Lodge cardigan for me and crew neck for my wife that I got mid December so we can match our pups.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quoted
    270 Post(s)
    I know that most would expect me to say my new Sinn....but I will save that for 2019 since it didnít arrive until the 2nd.

It would be a tie between my Filson Mile Marker and a Kamakura OCBD. I reach for both all of the time.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quoted
    287 Post(s)
    Not a lot of purchases last year, though I snagged a pair of peccary gloves on a trip to Peru.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theplayerking View Post
    Not a lot of purchases last year, though I snagged a pair of peccary gloves on a trip to Peru.

Dang, now that is a humblebrag right there. Mentioning peccary and a trip to Peru in the same post! Feel the need to buy you a beer just to hear about both.

Personally, Iím most enjoying my new Thursdays boots.

In 2019, I plan to buy my first non-off-the-rack suit. Perhaps from the Chicago Suitsupply, but Iíd take recommendations.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    Probably my olive merino wool shawl collar cardigan from BR. Got a great deal and it's just such a fantastic piece.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrbrownie00 View Post
    Probably my olive merino wool shawl collar cardigan from BR. Got a great deal and it's just such a fantastic piece.
    with the cable knit pattern? that would be my favorite pick up this year as well

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quoted
    379 Post(s)
    Allen Edmonds Surrey Chelsea boot 9EEE had my size for once ever at Nordstrom Rack. $159 and they are amazing. Only downside is not made in the USA. My first pair of boots/shoes not American made in ages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk