Thread: Being Dappered with Pets

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    435 Post(s)

Being Dappered with Pets

All,

I was wondering here if anyone had any tips/tricks for keeping hair etc. off of suits and nice pants when heading out. My old lab didn't bother rubbing up against you and her brown hair didnt really pick up. Our new girl is a white lab that loves to be on top of you and seems to gravitate to any blue suits or pants before I leave

Outside of keeping her groomed and a suit brush, should I use a lint roller? Any other tips or tricks from those with 4 legged friends?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    49 Post(s)
    I like clothing brushes. They really grab the fur.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    102 Post(s)
    I just go out covered in dog hair all the time. I just kind of own it i guess... That and a lint roller in my desk.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    142 Post(s)
    At one point I lived with my sister and her five 50- to 130-lb dogs (she's a trainer, so she needs younger working dogs to work but her retired dogs live ridiculously long). Lint brushes or rollers at home, in the glovebox, in the briefcase, and at the office. Suits kept in breathable suit bags at all times, closet doors closed, shoes in boxes/bags (dogs, like humans, produce plenty of the dead skin cells that make up most household dust), and training the dogs not to jump or climb without permission.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    151 Post(s)
    I think dogs should always be trained never to jump on people or initiate contact unless the human does it first, especially with strangers who may be too polite to tell the dog to stay back.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    435 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by julius12 View Post
    I think dogs should always be trained never to jump on people or initiate contact unless the human does it first, especially with strangers who may be too polite to tell the dog to stay back.
    Agreed. It’s a work in progress for our latest rescue but your thought is correct.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by julius12 View Post

You're right, in theory, but:

1. Most dogs are not that well trained
    2. Cats are not trained at all
    3. Pet hair is everywhere

We have 1 dog and 2 cats. The dog is not allowed upstairs, yet I still have dog hair appearing on my suits in my bedroom closet upstairs. It is just a feature of having pets. So use a lint roller, and don't sit in the dog's (or cats') chair.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1037 Post(s)
    I have 4 dogs. They aren't allowed in certain areas of the house. Those areas still end up with pet hair in them. Contact is definitely not the only way pet hair can end up on your clothing. I use the garment brushes. Lint rollers become far too wasteful very quickly.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    151 Post(s)
    I had a cocker spaniel indoors for years that shed a lot (I could see clumps of his hair on the ground sometimes) but I never had problems of hair clinging on to my pants. Don't let pets jump on you, don't sit on areas they're allowed to step/sit/lie on, clean your house regularly.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    67 Post(s)
    I brush them very regularly