Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slim Laptop Bag / Briefcase

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Slim Laptop Bag / Briefcase

Iím looking for suggestions for a new work laptop bag/briefcase. I currently use a coach double zip messenger bag that Iíve had for several years and it was useful for my law school books and laptop. Itís become pretty worn out and quite bulky now that I donít need as much space. Iím looking for something slimmer yet professional and preferably canvas over leather.

Everything I find is like $400. I was hoping to get closer to $100 or $200 max if possible.

The style Iím looking for is something just like the Jack Spade tech oxford slim just more affordable. https://m.eastdane.com/tech-oxford-s...1511714743.htm

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    99 Post(s)
    Amazon has Filson original briefcases in several colors for ~ $260-270. Over your limit, but not too bad. I have a slightly larger version that I use every day and will outlast my career.
    Mark

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    255 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrowe View Post
    Iím looking for suggestions for a new work laptop bag/briefcase. I currently use a coach double zip messenger bag that Iíve had for several years and it was useful for my law school books and laptop. Itís become pretty worn out and quite bulky now that I donít need as much space. Iím looking for something slimmer yet professional and preferably canvas over leather.

Everything I find is like $400. I was hoping to get closer to $100 or $200 max if possible.

The style Iím looking for is something just like the Jack Spade tech oxford slim just more affordable. https://m.eastdane.com/tech-oxford-s...1511714743.htm

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    Similar style, stupid cheap, and good zipper. I have one as a beater.

Laptop Bag,BRINCH Slim Water Resistant Laptop Messenger Bag Portable Laptop Sleeve Case Shoulder Bag Briefcase Handbag with Strap for 13-14 Inch Laptop/Notebook Computer Men/Women,Dark Grey https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077GMJC4M..._vrhgCbR05ZDRR

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    What about something from Herschel?

https://herschel.com/shop/mens/messengers

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quoted
    497 Post(s)
    Have you tried checking your local Marshalls or TJ Maxx? I've seen quite often some decent slimmer work bags from a variety of brands in the 79-150 range. Since workbags take a beating and there isn't a specific one you have your eye on you might find something there that fits your budget and needs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    I have one from Tom Bihn that is similar. I've had mine about 3 years and it has held up great with regular use. $80
    https://www.tombihn.com/collections/...13763225452607

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    I was about to come suggest the exact Jack Spade you listed. I use it as my daily and it's pretty great and puts up with a lot of use/abuse and still looks great. I got mine under $300 from Amazon during a black friday last year, for what it's worth.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by motosacto View Post
    Amazon has Filson original briefcases in several colors for ~ $260-270. Over your limit, but not too bad. I have a slightly larger version that I use every day and will outlast my career.
    wholeheartedly second this recommendation. I have a navy one that I've been using for almost 2 years at this point, and it still looks and feels brand new. It is fantastic. It is above your price point, but will last you forever, if you're willing to splurge on it. I paid about $270 for mine.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quoted
    133 Post(s)
    Can't go wrong with the filson original briefcase. I have one in tan and paid <$230. Just need to wait for a good 30% off sale.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    112 Post(s)
    I had been recently looking for a "new" briefcase online, and I can vouch that there are a handful of Jack Spade bags on eBay. There is a "new with tags" gray oxford tech bag which I'm pretty sure is the model that you linked for $149 right now.