Thread: JCrew Mercantile Broken In Tees

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

JCrew Mercantile Broken In Tees

How do these fit? I’m not sure if I should try a regular large or a slim large. I’m 6’ 190 athletic build. Who has experience with these? They’re 60% off right now. Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had a terrible experience with three J. Crew Mercantile broken in tees, and all of them became discolored after 2-3 wears, and have now lost most of their original color, the light blue one now almost white, despite only being washed in cold water. They were initially well fitting, a true slim cut, but due to the poor quality of the cotton they stretched out over time to become baggy and unattractive. I would recommend that you instead purchase the Everlane “Cotton Crew” tee, as I purchased some three months ago and have thus far been impressed with their quality, coloration, and fit.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Quoted
    456 Post(s)
    They only have a 2.1 out of 5 stars and some horrible reviews on the site after many left. I'd be weary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Meh. I only bought any because they had "oatmeal heather" which is a very difficult color to find. I wash everything in cold water and dry on low, and after about 4 months of light wear they are doing okay, but my American Apparel and Canvas t-shirts are nicer fabric and make, and both are still made in USA. If you are interested in less unusual colors, I recommend checking out cheapestees dot com. You'll find you can get US-made T's for less than Mercantile/Factory, even on sale.