Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Boot help

  1. #1
    Varsity Member JDOG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    102
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)

    Boot help

    I recently bought the BR Tanner lug sole Chelsea boot. Iíd been looking for a lugged Chelsea forever, so I was pretty excited when I found it and for such a great price (paid ~$90). The boot is exactly what I wanted but it is too narrow. I went up a size but to no avail.

    Iím on the hunt again to find a lugged Chelsea. The ones Iíve found are like $400, are super clunky (looking at you, Blundstone), or have comically huge lugs. I like the AE Surrey and Tate but, while not out of the realm of possibility, would love to spend less than $240.

    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    46
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    I think the AE Tate for $240 is probably about the best you are going to find. Have you tried shoebank?
    Last edited by Paxonus; December 14th, 2018 at 01:01 PM.

  3. #3
    Varsity Member mebejoseph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    1,364
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)
    You might find Frye's Terra on sale someplace if you look around. Its retail price is $278. I picked up some other Frye chelsea boots on sale for $80 at Nordstrom Rack awhile back. They're nice for cheap boots.

    https://www.thefryecompany.com/mens/...helsea-d-81321
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

  4. #4
    Varsity Member Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    1,561
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    504 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebejoseph View Post
    You might find Frye's Terra on sale someplace if you look around. Its retail price is $278. I picked up some other Frye chelsea boots on sale for $80 at Nordstrom Rack awhile back. They're nice for cheap boots.

    https://www.thefryecompany.com/mens/...helsea-d-81321
    I'm a big fan of Frye, but the right ones. Those Terra's are "Polished Leather", aka bonded leather, aka junk that cracks and peels off. For almost 300 bucks that is ridiculous. I'd stick to real leather imo.

  5. #5
    Varsity Member mebejoseph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    1,364
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    I'm a big fan of Frye, but the right ones. Those Terra's are "Polished Leather", aka bonded leather, aka junk that cracks and peels off. For almost 300 bucks that is ridiculous. I'd stick to real leather imo.
    Yes--I didn't look closely enough--I would stay away from polished leather as well. At least for anything over $100.

    Good catch.
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

  6. #6
    Varsity Member Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    1,561
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    504 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebejoseph View Post
    Yes--I didn't look closely enough--I would stay away from polished leather as well. At least for anything over $100.

    Good catch.
    Thanks, it's a mistake I've made before even after I started buying better shoes. Luckily, I got them off ebay and didnt pay top dollar for them. I bought a pair of AE Waldens, a nice loafer, so I thought. Got them in and tried adding some conditioner and then polish to them, and it was like pouring water on a rain coat. They didnt take anything.

  7. #7
    Varsity Member mebejoseph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    1,364
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Thanks, it's a mistake I've made before even after I started buying better shoes. Luckily, I got them off ebay and didnt pay top dollar for them. I bought a pair of AE Waldens, a nice loafer, so I thought. Got them in and tried adding some conditioner and then polish to them, and it was like pouring water on a rain coat. They didnt take anything.
    Almost did the same thing with some AE shoes on Ebay. I did some research and discovered the issue with that model. Or maybe I posted on here and asked. I can't remember the model, but they don't make it anymore.
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •