Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thoughts on these boots?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    121 Post(s)
    Ad-Tec also makes the Lacer boot: https://www.amazon.com/Adtec-Lacer-M...ec%2B9%22&th=1 Looks like they could fit the same, but with a traditional heel.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex.C View Post
    Ad-Tec also makes the Lacer boot: https://www.amazon.com/Adtec-Lacer-M...ec%2B9%22&th=1 Looks like they could fit the same, but with a traditional heel.
    Nice find. Those might be just the thing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slubby Linen View Post
    Yes, I have this exact pair of Adtecs. They're holding up great. Construction quality seems to be solid. Frankly I'm amazed they're so cheap -- and I paid $95 which still seems like a deal.
    Cool, ya I was surprised at the price too given the good reviews. I thought maybe too good to be true, and while they aren’t White’s, the seem decent especially for the price

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by embrassurespace View Post
    Cool, ya I was surprised at the price too given the good reviews. I thought maybe too good to be true, and while they aren’t White’s, the seem decent especially for the price
    Yeah I think they're very respectable for the price. I was just looking through the reviews and did notice a pattern of people saying the fit was small or narrow. There may be something to this. I bought mine in my normal size and standard width but ended up exchanging for a wide.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Yeah I think they're very respectable for the price. I was just looking through the reviews and did notice a pattern of people saying the fit was small or narrow. There may be something to this. I bought mine in my normal size and standard width but ended up exchanging for a wide.
    Good to know, I’ll double check the size whether it is wide or not before purchase. Thanks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Looks like they’ve also got a more traditional boot. If anyone is looking for a sturdy beater boot, this might be worth a shot. Around $90 but you can get an extra 30% at shoes.com and like 12% more back from Ebates.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    That looks to be their Logger model which is selling for around $60 on Amazon. Lug sole, no kilt, and the uppers are made of "crazy horse leather" whatever that means.

BTW, what is the chukka on your left foot?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    That looks to be their Logger model which is selling for around $60 on Amazon. Lug sole, no kilt, and the uppers are made of "crazy horse leather" whatever that means.

BTW, what is the chukka on your left foot?
    Good find. Having felt them in person, $60 would be great for a tough pair of beaters.

The chukka is just your average Clark’s desert boot in, I think, sand suede. A little beat up, they’ve got almost 4 years on them. Since this picture was taken I waxed them for some waterproofing.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by embrassurespace View Post
    Good find. Having felt them in person, $60 would be great for a tough pair of beaters.

The chukka is just your average Clark’s desert boot in, I think, sand suede. A little beat up, they’ve got almost 4 years on them. Since this picture was taken I waxed them for some waterproofing.
    Okay, thanks. I've got a pair of grey suede Borns on their last legs and those would not be a bad replacement.