Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on these boots?

Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1404 Post(s)
    Like the boot. Not a fan of the little toe tag/cover. Personally wouldn't buy them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I think the one on the left looks better.

Seriously, I'm a big fan of boots and have a number but I don't care for these. Don't like the heel shape or height, the skirt, and overall height of the boot itself.

Just my preferences.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Thanks for the thoughts. In the town I grew up these could be worn without a second thought, as many people around you would also be wearing them. Now I’m in a bigger city where they may look a little off.

After some digging though I found I could have the heel replaced with a different one for not too much. Lower the heel a bit, and removing the skirt might do the trick.

They are also tempting because they are full grain leather and good gear welt, with lots of good reviews about their durability, and I can get them for about $60 thanks to a few discounts.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    160 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by embrassurespace View Post
    They are also tempting because they are full grain leather and good gear welt, with lots of good reviews about their durability, and I can get them for about $60 thanks to a few discounts.
    I'd gladly pay $60 for a pair of full grain leather, goodyear welted boots that feel like they were made for me. Worth the price of admission to see if you end up liking the style.

*EDIT* And if you don't like the style, then you're out $60 and still have a great pair of boots for when you're rustling cattle.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    186 Post(s)
    They look a bit like Whites work boots which are an expensive pair of boots so if you are into them, I'd go for it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    I agree they have a White’s boots type of look...probably will end up pulling the trigger for $60.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    I own a pair of these boots. As mentioned above, they're basically an inexpensive Whites clone.

https://whitesboots.com/#/product/4288

I bought them as beaters to wear on a rough outdoor job site and wound up really liking them. Personally I like the looks of the Cuban heel...it gives them a bit of a cowboy boot vibe. The heel does have a slight tendency to roll due to the tapered shape. It took me a little while to get used to walking in them. The little kilt thing is detachable, BTW.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slubby Linen View Post
    I own a pair of these boots. As mentioned above, they're basically an inexpensive Whites clone.

https://whitesboots.com/#/product/4288

I bought them as beaters to wear on a rough outdoor job site and wound up really liking them. Personally I like the looks of the Cuban heel...it gives them a bit of a cowboy boot vibe. The heel does have a slight tendency to roll due to the tapered shape. It took me a little while to get used to walking in them. The little kilt thing is detachable, BTW.
    You have this particular pair from adtec? If so, are they holding up well? Reviews seem really positive from my research.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by embrassurespace View Post
    You have this particular pair from adtec? If so, are they holding up well? Reviews seem really positive from my research.
    Yes, I have this exact pair of Adtecs. They're holding up great. Construction quality seems to be solid. Frankly I'm amazed they're so cheap -- and I paid $95 which still seems like a deal.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    186 Post(s)
    Huh, available on Amazon if anyone else is interested https://www.amazon.com/Adtec-Packer-...011&psd=1&th=1