Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Boxer shorts passe?

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Quoted
    924 Post(s)
    What I have found is you want some synthetic and stretch so they do not ride up too much but you also want them breathable.

I guess I also have a few pairs of trunk briefs for when a guy wants to show off some cheek...

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Quoted
    941 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    What I have found is you want some synthetic and stretch so they do not ride up too much but you also want them breathable.

I guess I also have a few pairs of trunk briefs for when a guy wants to show off some cheek...
    yes, a blend is best. I only buy the "moisture wicking" or "quick dry" stuff now. It isnt much more and they just feel better and last longer.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)
    I've been wearing Jockey boxer briefs for about 8 years now. I bought them from Kohl's, though I'm not sure if they sell the same model any longer. They're all synthetic, not cotton. They show almost no wear even after being in rotation for as long as they have. I only have about a dozen pair. Not sure what I'll buy after these, but they're worth every penny and then some.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)
    Buck Naked or Armachillo boxer briefs from Duluth Trading Company for me, please.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1838 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    It seems companies change the perfect formula each iteration.
    This is such a PITA for underwear in general. Hugo Boss used to be my go-to for briefs - then I bought a new pack of the same style I’d bought for a couple years, and they suddenly fit like garbage for no apparent reason.

My absolute favorite pair of briefs is a pair of AirknitX from Mack Weldon, but they stopped selling them for a while. I saw they restocked so I ordered eight pairs the other day... knowing my luck they will have changed (or “updated”) the fit. The fit of their 18 hour jersey briefs does not work for me at all, though you’d think they’d be almost exactly the same.
    Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quoted
    129 Post(s)
    I never understood the point of boxers, although I did wear them as a child. They seem about as useful as a baggy undershirt.

I wear Ex Officio boxer briefs, and they're the best I've found so far.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Quoted
    924 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    This is such a PITA for underwear in general. Hugo Boss used to be my go-to for briefs - then I bought a new pack of the same style I’d bought for a couple years, and they suddenly fit like garbage for no apparent reason.

My absolute favorite pair of briefs is a pair of AirknitX from Mack Weldon, but they stopped selling them for a while. I saw they restocked so I ordered eight pairs the other day... knowing my luck they will have changed (or “updated”) the fit. The fit of their 18 hour jersey briefs does not work for me at all, though you’d think they’d be almost exactly the same.
    I'm a huge fan of 18 hour (boxer briefs), and then I ordered a few more maybe a year ago and they fit differently... it's mind-F'ing boggling why they do this without any announcement, when I consistently get emails about being a valued/long-time customer (i.e., it's obvious they know their model should intend to keep/maintain repeat customers).

I'm trying a new brand that I ordered on Black Friday pricing... still not here, so already not a good start. So frustrating when companies do this stuff, as I'm a guy who finds something he likes and that fits, and then sticks with it.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    145 Post(s)
    I wore boxers from like middle school up until a few years ago when I switched to boxer briefs. I have no intentions of going back. The main driver for me was that, with flying a lot more from work, I'd find times when my boxers would end up in a less than comfortable bind. I gave boxer briefs a try and haven't had any issues since. In addition to the comfort, my wife likes them on me.

I will say the one plus to boxers is that my shirts tended to stay tucked into my pants better. My theory is that the loose fabric just created a bit more friction and helped shirt tails stay in place. It's worth the trade-off though IMO.

As far as brands, Ex Officio have been my favorite overall. That said, I've had a handful of pairs where the waistband decides to curl permanently which isn't too comfortable. But the majority of pairs (the ones that haven't curled) continue to be my favorite. I also like the Duluth Trading Company Buck Naked ones (and they might be what I buy in the future since I haven't had any waistband issues with those). The only detractor for them is that the trunks are just a little shorter than I'd prefer, but the long ones look super long. I wish they had a mid length size. I'm a fly guy, so unfortunately that rules out a few of the other popular brands for me (MeUndies).

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deke View Post
    I also like the Duluth Trading Company Buck Naked ones (and they might be what I buy in the future since I haven't had any waistband issues with those). The only detractor for them is that the trunks are just a little shorter than I'd prefer, but the long ones look super long. I wish they had a mid length size.
    They have 3 lengths. Regular, extra long, and short. Have you tried all 3?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    145 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by .brian. View Post
    They have 3 lengths. Regular, extra long, and short. Have you tried all 3?

Oh, you're right. I wonder where I got that misconception from. I think I have a few pairs of the short ones currently. I guess I know what I'm ordering next!