Thread: New here - Flint & Tinder Waxed Trucker for short guy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

New here - Flint & Tinder Waxed Trucker for short guy

Hi all: I've been looking at these for a while, but unsure on sizing. There's a lot of conflicting info. on Huckberry between the description and reviews. Hoping for some first-hand experience here.

I'm 5'6" 144 pounds, 32" waist, 32" sleeve and 36-37" chest size. I'm leaning toward the small as I don't like puffy jackets, but also don't want something too tight. Most of Huckberry's models are in mediums, but are drastically different heights and weights.

Thanks,
    Steve

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm also curious about their sizing as I haven't bought from them before. I'm 5'4, 145, 30 waist, 38 chest, and whatever the shortest the sleeve is! I would go for the Small myself. They say the chest is 41 and I have a similar jacket from Gap with the same chest measurement that fits well. I was also checking out this waxed canvas chore coat from Gustin with similar measurements on their Small, if anyone has any experience with them as well.
    https://www.weargustin.com/store/jac...e-waxed-canvas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    I was deciding between the L (45 chest) and XL (47 chest) since my chest measurements is a 44 but I have broad shoulders. The L fit but it was tight and was too small for anything but as single thin layer underneath and the sleeves were a tad short for my liking. The XL is great and although it is 3 inches larger than my chest measurement, it is perfect in the sense that it is loose enough to layer something heavier under it without looking bulky/puffy at all if I just have a t-shirt on. Returns ship free with Huckberry so there is no cost to ordering and having to return it if you need to. My return processed slower than other sites I have ordered from so if being out the $220 for an extended period of time would be a large burden that would be something to consider. The have the timeline pretty well spelled out on their site when you actually go to process the return. I rarely pay full price for anything but I did for this and have zero buyers remorse about doing so.