Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Business casual / dress boot suggestions

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    88 Post(s)
    Cobbler Union Renoir are my favorite pair of boots / shoes that i own.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    I feel conflicted about TBC. I have a pair of their chukkas, which I think look really great and were a good price, but they aren't especially comfortable to wear. The insole, as mentioned before, is oddly squeaky and offers little support. I love the rest of the boot, though. Is the insole for the Scout considerably different than their other boots?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    256 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by robottawa View Post
    I feel conflicted about TBC. I have a pair of their chukkas, which I think look really great and were a good price, but they aren't especially comfortable to wear. The insole, as mentioned before, is oddly squeaky and offers little support. I love the rest of the boot, though. Is the insole for the Scout considerably different than their other boots?
    The Scout is stitchout construction like a CDB versus the GYW of the cap-toes so yes, there could very well be a significant difference. OTOH, they could both be uncomfortable to your particular foot.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Quoted
    449 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by robottawa View Post
    If, "oddly squeaky" bothers you, don't ever buy AE Daltons. I've seen people resort to all sorts of fuckery on here to stop them from squeaking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I find the TBC scout boots to be very comfortable. If they squeak I haven't noticed that in mine. As for the insole, it seems to be similar to the other boots I have from them. Personally, I think they are a much better boot than Clarks. I do find what they say is true that they get more comfortable as you wear them and the cork bed midsole conforms to your feet.

Comfort in a shoe or boot is relative. What one person find comfortable, another may not. The feel of a pair of Chucks is a good example. Some love them, other don't. I suppose it's all about finding what works for you.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    143 Post(s)
    https://www.wolverine.com/US/en/orig...t-mens&start=1

How about the wolverine 1k in navy suede for $145, use save15 for 15% off, which brings it down to $123 plus taxes.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    88 Post(s)
    Damn. Love those blue suedes!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Though sometimes overlooked in favor of the popular Indy, Alden makes some boots very suitable for office wear. Here's one, for example:

https://www.theshoemart.com/alden-sh...12-dark-brown/

If you are very patient and diligent, you can sometimes find Aldens on sale for at least a couple of hundred off list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I dress business casual for work, and my boot of choice for the colder months is the Crockett & Jones Islay. They are very versatile and good looking!

https://www.crockettandjones.com/isl...-scotch-grain/

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)
    While an excellent recommendation, they are more than double what the OP is looking to spend.