Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on these boots?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Thoughts on these boots?

I have a difficult time finding shoes that fit my right foot well. I tried on these pair for the heck of it at local farmers supply store and itís like they were custom made for me. Super comfortable. Only thing is they are a little...different. Packer boots. Slightly tapered toe, Cuban heel. My wife thinks they looks a little funny, and I sort of agree. Any chance these can be pulled off without garnering too much attention? Also donít want to appear to be wearing heals.

Image them with the toe skirt removed and the little tag thing cut off.

Last edited by embrassurespace; December 11th, 2018 at 02:06 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    Personally, I think they look great. You can easily lessen the visual impact of the heel if you want with some dark sole dressing.
    Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)
    I like the side view. Not a fan of the kilt. Maybe you can find the same brand without the kilt and if they are made on the same last, maybe they will fit the same.
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Good thoughts. Never considered some dark shoe dressing, thatís a good idea. Here is a pic of the boot by itself. The length doesnít bother me as itíll be covered up. Plus itíll help in the snow. Itís mostly the height and shape of the heel that is sort of different.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quoted
    162 Post(s)
    Pictured without the toe skirt and tag, the overall boot looks great, especially with the paants leg disguising the length.

The relatively narrow heel is really the only oddity, and that's mostly because the contrasting colour draws attention to it. As mentioned, a sole edge dressing would do much to lessen the impact. That, and you have to ask yourself how many people are going to study your shoes in enough detail at the necessary angle to even notice it.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1108 Post(s)
    Yeah, if they re that comfortable just darken the hill and trim the skirt and you are good to go.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    121 Post(s)
    I personally struggle with my left foot in most shoes, so I'd grab em. the heel is only "odd" because you're focusing on it. People looking down from talking to you would likely not notice it. I'll also echo the call for dark edge dressing to further reduce the visibility.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quoted
    482 Post(s)
    To me the boots look silly. Like a cross between a cowboy boot given the big heel and a dress shoe but it isnít sure what it is. Granted we are nitpicking but thatís a big heel that I think is pretty noticeable. And the kilt will bring some eyes to the shoe given itís unique design.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1108 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeysc23 View Post
    To me the boots look silly. Like a cross between a cowboy boot given the big heel and a dress shoe but it isn’t sure what it is. Granted we are nitpicking but that’s a big heel that I think is pretty noticeable. And the kilt will bring some eyes to the shoe given it’s unique design.
    Its actually a pretty traditional lacer. A western work boot. Lacers and ropers were more useful on the ground, as I understand it.
    A more secure fit. The kilts are often removable by design and have an actual purpose. I get that this is out of the wheelhouse for most people here, but that boot isn't a mashup per se. Its a heritage/legacy design really. The pebbled leather is the only thing I see that isn't fairly traditional. That heal is a traditional western boot heal. The angle and height are very useful for keeping your foot in a stirrup. But I am not an expert. My first wife and her family were horse people so I was around it for about 12 years but never actually IN it, if that makes sense. The guy that owned the barn wore lacers kind of like this almost everyday. Good work boot but also safe if he had to jump on a horse.

Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2073 Post(s)
    I actually like the look of the boot. It's the kind of thing you need to pull off with confidence, IMO. If you are self-conscious about it, you're never going to be comfortable in them.
    Ben