Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: So long J Crew Mercantile

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

    So long J Crew Mercantile

    Line is being discontinued and will be gone after spring 2019. You wonít be missed

    https://www.businessinsider.com/jcre...8-11?r=UK&IR=T

  2. #2
    Varsity Member Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    1,417
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Quoted
    449 Post(s)

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AimlessWanderer View Post
    Line is being discontinued and will be gone after spring 2019. You won’t be missed

    https://www.businessinsider.com/jcre...8-11?r=UK&IR=T
    Not really being discontinued, as they will just remove the "Mercantile" label and keep it J. Crew Factory. No idea why they thought having two different labels on the same product would be a good idea, but who knows?

  4. #4
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,151
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Quoted
    941 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xucardsfan08 View Post
    Not really being discontinued, as they will just remove the "Mercantile" label and keep it J. Crew Factory. No idea why they thought having two different labels on the same product would be a good idea, but who knows?
    this. I think they were trying to create a cheaper brand that drops the factory label because of the stigma associated. "mercantile" sounds fancier than "factory".

  5. #5
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,199
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quoted
    202 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idvsego View Post
    this. I think they were trying to create a cheaper brand that drops the factory label because of the stigma associated. "mercantile" sounds fancier than "factory".
    This might have made sense if they had done a full rebrand of the factory line & Stores to "Mercantile". But they didn't. They randomly labeled some items as mercantile and all the rest stayed factory. It made no sense and just added confusion. Weird decision. No big loss, IMO.

  6. #6
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    147
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    AND WHAT THE CRAP IS J CREW JEANS?? CMON PEOPLE.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmeyers View Post
    AND WHAT THE CRAP IS J CREW JEANS?? CMON PEOPLE.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I dunno what they are trying to do but the quality is pure crap. Just walk down the street and pay a little more for the Madewell menís jeans, which near as I can tell, are basically JCrew of the quality of 10 years ago (but with a hint of stretch).

  8. #8
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    147
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DPJ View Post
    I dunno what they are trying to do but the quality is pure crap. Just walk down the street and pay a little more for the Madewell menís jeans, which near as I can tell, are basically JCrew of the quality of 10 years ago (but with a hint of stretch).
    I mean this:

    https://www.jcrew.com/p/mens_categor...air-isle/K2853

    Itís an actual spin off brand, Iím assuming like Calvin Klein Jeans or Polo Jeans. Because, you know, those off shoots did so well.

    Like, cmon people. This is ridiculous. Why? Iím not impressed or intrigued. Iím annoyed.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •