Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can a heterosexual man wear a pair of swimtrunks like these?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Can a heterosexual man wear a pair of swimtrunks like these?

So I was looking at this pair of swim trunks that I personally think are very stylish. However, they are really short and I am worried they might convey to others around me that I am homosexual. I know some of you will be trying to tell me, "Don't worry about what other people think, just wear them if you like them." Thank you, but that's not what I'm trying to get at. If you saw a man wearing swim trunks like these on the beach or something, would any of you think, "Wow those are really short, he's probably gay." If I'm being ridiculous please let me know. Thank you.
    Last edited by Brandonlorenzen; November 27th, 2018 at 10:13 AM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    156 Post(s)
    Yeah, I'd aim for something that hits above the knee. That's the shortest I would consider personally.

Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2074 Post(s)
    Maybe you should get over your homophobic insecurity and just wear what you want.
    Ben

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    503 Post(s)

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    160 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandonlorenzen View Post
    If I'm being ridiculous please let me know. Thank you.
    Yes. You are being ridiculous. I think that a significantly large enough portion of our society is past trying to derive a person's sexuality from a pair of swim trunks. For the remaining population that still tries to read those tea leaves, I think the question is, "Why do you care?"

Perhaps more helpfully, in my experience, when I'm shopping for something and am on the fence as to whether I think I can pull it off, the majority of the time that I go ahead with the purchase, it ends up hanging in my closet until I give up and take it to Goodwill. On the other hand, nothing ventured nothing gained.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)
    You are being partially ridiculous. If you're in the USA, unless you are in some backward area, very few people are going to equate the style of your bathing suit with your sexuality.

On the other hand, you're not being ridiculous in regard to considering whether those trunks may be too short for you--if you don't have the body to make them look good, you probably should not get them.

And if you're not sure if you have the body, ask your wife, girlfriend, or a gay man.
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    186 Post(s)
    You are being ridiculous.

Also, you should not do this to other people. If you see someone dressed in such a way that makes you think, wow they look gay. Stop yourself. First off, it does not matter to you if someone is gay. Second, there is no one gay look and you should not gauge someones sexuality solely on their clothes.

If you like them, buy them. If they look shitty on you, return them.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    I would wear them in a instant. But I have squatter's quads and like to show them off.

I think your question shows some insecurity. Have the confidence to wear what you want and know that it's awesome despite what others say or think. Be a legend in your own mind and stuff like this won't matter.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    A heterosexual man can certainly wear them, a heterosexual man with a complete lack of self-confidence may have a lot of trouble wearing them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Yeah, what's wrong with people you don't know assuming you're gay? Are you afraid a gay man might try to flirt with you and you will be too nervous to say that you're straight?

They're flashy and very short, but some people can pull them off. I'm sure there are quite a few gay men who wouldn't look good in them, actually. But most people who think about whether or not an article of clothing will make them look gay would probably tease you about them because of their own insecurities. The question is whether you have those same insecurities or care about what those kinds of people would think.