Thread: I need help - PANTS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

I need help - PANTS

Hey everyone,

I need help/advice on pants and where/what to buy.

Height / Weight - 6'0 - 6'1, 145-155. I'm skinny and have zero butt.

And I'm looking for some pants I can rely on - mostly for work, but understanding I'll wear them most of the time. I live in Tennessee, where it is warm, but I'm okay with whatever material. I prefer slimmer fits and I'd like to possibly introduce some cuffs into the wardrobe if they can be pulled off by the skinny folk. I'm particularly fond of classic/"vintage" looks, with my pants being slightly high (i.e. I'm not a huge fan of pant breaks). Generally, I'll be wearing them with either penny loafers or boots.

Any advice? I'm wanting a one-stop shop pant I can get in different colors/patterns, but I'm open to whatever. Just kind of want to revamp my closet a bit and shirts are easier than pants are.

Happy to give whatever info is needed - but want to find the "right" thing, as opposed to reading shit online and getting nowhere. haha

Thanks!!

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Quoted
    922 Post(s)
    If you are looking for wool pants for work, most of mine came from Banana Republic at some point. The price point was good historically $50/pair but if you can splurge a bit, Spier & Mackay are a great value. S&M have a higher waist than what you would find at any of the mall stores and most online shops these days.

I will note, since you are on the skinnier side, when you get your pant legs hemmed, also ask about a seat adjustment and potentially adjusting the waist band. This will allow the pants to sit a lot better. I know it is an added cost but makes you look 10x better than a saggy butt in the pants because you are on the slimmer side.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    This is fantastic advice because I've definitely run into that issue before. Didn't know what it was called to get it fixed - figured it was just another thing to deal with. haha Thanks!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by _dap View Post
    Hey everyone,

I need help/advice on pants and where/what to buy.

Height / Weight - 6'0 - 6'1, 145-155. I'm skinny and have zero butt.

And I'm looking for some pants I can rely on - mostly for work, but understanding I'll wear them most of the time. I live in Tennessee, where it is warm, but I'm okay with whatever material. I prefer slimmer fits and I'd like to possibly introduce some cuffs into the wardrobe if they can be pulled off by the skinny folk. I'm particularly fond of classic/"vintage" looks, with my pants being slightly high (i.e. I'm not a huge fan of pant breaks). Generally, I'll be wearing them with either penny loafers or boots.

Any advice? I'm wanting a one-stop shop pant I can get in different colors/patterns, but I'm open to whatever. Just kind of want to revamp my closet a bit and shirts are easier than pants are.

Happy to give whatever info is needed - but want to find the "right" thing, as opposed to reading shit online and getting nowhere. haha

Thanks!!
    A bit of general advice.

https://www.gentlemansgazette.com/st...-for-slim-men/

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)
    I second both Banana Republic (About half of all my non suit dress pants are from here) and Spier and McKay. I personally love and have been slowly replacing out all of my non suit trousers/chinos with Jomers pants as my go to. Fit and quality vs price point for me has been absolutely perfect with the 4 pairs I have bought so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    My go-to pants are JCrew slim 484's, I probably have 10 different colors/materials.